Kohi point 12/1/20

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Waylander

Sun Jan 12, 2020 11:46 am

Finally got around to my first fish of the year, and what a start.
6am launch and it wasn't long at all before I had my first fish, was just past the rock and decided to flick a softie out to trawl, not to strokes sooner was I into a fish. Nice 37cm snapper.
Some time and a bit of paddling whet by towards Matata, and a KY picked up a trolled softie, a good fight and nearly had it to the yak when a big shadow come up from underneath, thinking I was about to get taxed I put the hammer down and yanked the KY into the yak, just to see a big greenback swoop past... Just my luck.

Fishing went quiet for a bit over those ways so paddled back to my new spot X just off the point. And sure enough picked up my limit in good snapper, with some hot fishing including both rods screeming at the same time. Thru one that was just on 30cm back and a couple of small KY,
IMG_20200112_080333_4.jpg
Paddled back in at 9am
A happy man.

Saw a few other yakkers paddle in as was loading up and all seemed to have successful days with nice gurnard and one bloke had a kingi landed.
IMG_20200112_083319_0~2.jpg
Also like to say a big thanks to Jordan_jh for hooking me up with the fish cover :y:
Ocean Kayak Prowler 4.1 Ultra

He that would fish, must venture his bait.

PB Snapper-68cm(12.5lbs) Waihau Bay 30/7/20
PB Kingfish -113cm(26.5lbs) Port Charles 27/2/20

• Information