Hi from Whakatane

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Lucky Schnitzel

Mon Dec 02, 2019 11:27 am

Ok, I have to admit: I do not know anything about kayak fishing! :hai:
I know a little about fishing, boating etc but the boat kitty always got raided in the past so there is no hope I'll ever (want to) own a blingy aluminium tub.

I still have a Hobie kayak with the flippers underneath and that has been excellent for lake fishing but being a double I find it too big to maneuver by myself and it's not sleek enough for trips when you are dealing with strong winds and tides...I have fished the lakes around the Bay of Plenty with this yak and it's been great but now I want an ocean-going vessel!

I have just posted in the 'Wanted' section that I am looking for a Viking kayak as I was advised that those things would suit me best.
If anyone in or around the BoP has a Profish 400 or wants to suggest anything else in that price range please let me know.

Any hints, tips or tricks appreciated too!

Cheers
LS

Jeff Symonds
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: Ripples ZMT7453

Sun Dec 08, 2019 1:34 pm

Hi Lucky, can't help with the Viking kayak at the moment. Just to flag with you we have a kayak fishing club here in Whakatane that fishes the EBOP beaches. We have a club day next Sunday 15.12.19 off Tawai St/Ocean road, Ohope, 0700-1200hrs. You are welcome to join us.

Jeff Symonds
President EBOP KFC

Ripples

• Information