WTB - Pacific Action Sail - 1.5?

Adverts for new and used kayaks and equipment.
TC NZ
Kayak Make: Viking, OK
Kayak Model: Reload & 4.3 Ultra & Espri

Fri Nov 29, 2019 8:55 am

Hi, Anyone have one of these not in use or looking for a new home? Aiming to try one out over the holidays. Cheers, TC

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Fri Nov 29, 2019 9:54 am

I'm not selling, but if you're up in the Bay of Islands, you're welcome to try mine out (1.5m²).
The 1.5 has a fair bit of grunt though, I would recommend trying a 1.0m² first (The masts are shorter as well, which works better on a smaller yak) - 12+kts is a little intimidating in a kayak!

There are DIY plans for a clone here (This was my first one, and in hindsight compared very well against the commercial version for significantly less cost)
https://www.kayarchy.co.uk/html/01equip ... DIYrig.htm
http://www.topkayaker.net/Articles/Surf ... kSail.html

I would recommend bolting S/S triangular webbing fittings to the yak rather than the plastic quick-release buckles. The footing gets a fair bit of load.
I used a couple of penny washers, shaped to fit the curve, inside the hull to spread the load on the fittings and also bent the stainless fittings to match the external curve.
11.JPG
11.JPG (47.54 KiB) Viewed 137 times
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

TC NZ
Kayak Make: Viking, OK
Kayak Model: Reload & 4.3 Ultra & Espri

Fri Nov 29, 2019 10:17 am

Great -- thanks for the offer. Not sure I'll be up in the BoIs this summer (just south a bit) but I'll check out those diy plans. I'm currently using a 4.3 OK trident. Cheers, TC

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:26 pm

Ran a PA clone on my 4.3 with no issues. :y:
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Fri Nov 29, 2019 12:57 pm

Hi TC,

Yea got one that's not being used - actually none of my kayak gear is getting used to be honest - PM me an offer (y)

Cheers, Jason
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

• Information