Matauri Bay Open Invite 13/14 Sept

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
TattyB
Kayak Make: Reef
Kayak Model: Reef
VHF Call Sign: N/A

Wed Sep 04, 2019 12:14 pm

Hey fello fisho's

Who is heading up for the Open invite up at Matauri Bay on 13/14 Sept?

I am heading up solo as my usual fishing buddies can't make it but keen to meet new people and chat everything fishing over a few bevvies.

Weather is a bit far out to be certain yet but looks like it'll be a bit fickle, I'm thinking of fishing Whangaroa Harbour from the ramp at the end of Ruato Rd if unable to head out to the Cavalli's.

Keen to hear from any local people or anyone that has been/is going about what their plans are.

Cheers,
Tatty

Fishfood
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Profisha 525
VHF Call Sign: None

Sun Sep 08, 2019 4:39 pm

Would love to come but work/family conflict doesnt really fit. Officialy retired but work now and then so maybe another time. Overseas until end of October but very keen to explore up there. Stay in touch.

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:23 pm

Sent you a message a few days ago bud, check your Inbox (Top right next to your profile pic)

If you have a mottled grey yak on a dark Holden wagon, think I saw you go past me at the truck rollover near Matauri this arvo about 3:30 (I was cunningly camoflaged in fluoro orange).

Weather looking good for sneaking a quick fish tomorrow morning :y:
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

• Information