Auckland Boat Show 2019 - WildCat 3.1 - The next step up from a kayak?

For discussing everything that isn't kayak fishing...
lespresso
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Fri May 17, 2019 9:35 pm

just back from the auckland boat show. i felt sorry for the people on the stands as it was fairly quiet, but it made it easy to move around and was a fairly pleasant experience not having to elbow through crowds

the very first stand inside the ticket booth was this guy: https://www.wildcatboats.co.nz

it is made from polyethylene (PE) and i was quite impressed - i find tin boats to be noisy and either too hot or too cold

ready to launch for $10K with a 30HP outboard and trailer - if you only want the hull its $2795 which is kayak money

might be of interest to someone thinking about something slightly bigger than a kayak

in other news viking had their prototype carbon reload on display which is going into production

it might be old news, but it was news to me: the lifting handles amidships on the reload have been changed so they are now part of the hull moulding rather than bits of PVC pipe added afterwards, which eliminates a problem area. front hatch cover also seems to be made from a more rigid material than in the past

reiss.
Ocean Kayak Trident 15 (2017)

• Information