Vacuum sealers.

For the discussion of how you cook your catch, post your favorite recipes in here for all to try
vundu
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: Pro GT
VHF Call Sign: nil

Fri May 17, 2019 11:49 am

Hi, I know this is an old subject, but I want to buy a vacuum sealer and would like to know what brands work okay without breaking the bank? Any advice appreciated, thanks. :D

Casualtyward
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMU7778

Fri May 17, 2019 12:10 pm

I have this one:

http://www.briscoes.co.nz/Product/10761 ... ekQAvD_BwE

Seems to work well enough, though I do wonder if a more advanced model might get a better/tighter vacuum. I don't have anything to compare it with though - I've never tried a different one. :lol: Briscoes is bound to have a half price sale eventually...

I also use the vacuum bag rolls from the Warehouse because they're much cheaper.
Kotare II
Ocean Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Callsign: ZMU7778

Azza1978

Fri May 17, 2019 5:15 pm

I have the Russell Hobbs one from briscoes does a awesome job

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Fri May 17, 2019 6:48 pm

I have the warehouse as seen on tv one, bought during a sale. It has been ok but some of the other club guys have more expensive models that do seem to be better . I have done a lot of fish and venison with mine and two tips are remove all bone and spines where possible , they can puncture the bags and pat dry fish so the juice doesn’t get sucked up to the end of the bag and interfere with the seal or burn in the machine. I tend to use longer lengths to help avoid this.

Glass is Class.. dedant

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Fri May 17, 2019 8:49 pm

I use the Warehouse one with no issues over several years.
Re: juicing, put a folded length of kitchen towel in the bag just before the seal to catch them pesky juices and ensure a good, dry seal.

Also use it to make a quick and dirty drybag for my phone, and also my flares (put a nail in with the flare to allow easy opening).
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

vundu
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: Pro GT
VHF Call Sign: nil

Sun May 19, 2019 8:50 pm

Thanks for the response, I eventually bought a Sunbeam vs7850 model which costs $399.00.and Briscoes had on special 40% off for $239, then checked on price check and found 100%NZ had them for $215. The machine is versitile but also has a 60 day trial period and if you are not happy with it you can get your money back, I feel a pretty good safe incentive, time will tell. Your input helped and even though most stuff is made in China,I normally go with known brand names. Hopefully my fish will freeze well. Thanks. 😊

• Information