Pukerua Bay Dec 27, Jan 12

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Bear Jules
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: -

Sun Jan 13, 2019 7:16 pm

Dec 27. Hit Pukerua Bay at 6:30am (slept in Doh!) and the conditions were near perfect 9/10 so wasn't expecting much as from previous experience the nice conditions don't produce that good at all where I fish (12-13m over sand). Once anchored up and pumping burley rod bent over big time and after a nice fight up popped a nice Snapper (19lb). I thought this could be a great day fishing. Not so ha ha I persevered another 4 hrs for only a Kahawai! Oh well there was enough fillets on the Snapper for several meals.

Jan 12. An evening fish this time. Hit the bay at 6:30pm this time and the conditions were about 5/10 to begin with a strongish easterly and rolling swells so I though fishing could be good this time. Only had a line in the water 5mins and had a good rod bender and some nice runs from what turned out to be the biggest Snapper of the evening. Yes!! From then on the fishing was electric! Fish after fish (all Snapper coming all but one on the left hand side rod) I actually gave up on the RHS rod.
Ended up with 9 Snapper and headed in before it got really dark which is a rarity. Oh and no jolly blind eels this time! When it's on its on!

I like the calm conditions for comfort but prefer the not so nice conditions for better fishing. That's how it is for me anyway. ImageImageImage

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:32 am

Great fish! :y:
VALKOHAI
Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

Ferret
Kayak Make: Container Door Special!