Well, having bit the bullet and assembled, many many pesos, to purchase a new fish finder, here's the install. This may be of help, to those who are contemplating doing likewise.
The transducer came with a transom mount and a trolling motor mount with cable ties and a huge SS hose clamp. The transom mount wouldn't fit in my transducer recess on the bottom of the Kayak. Not having a trolling motor I substituted the next best thing, a short length of plastic pipe.
1/. Plastic pipe in recess, Selley's All Clear takes forever to cure, 0.1 mm/day.
2/. Mounting the transducer with cable ties, only just enough room.
3/. Transducer in situ, I think I got it straight and level and just below the lip of the recess.
4/. Head unit mounting bracket and cables to tackle hatch. The battery cable goes into the hull and then back to a hatch under the seat where the battery is mounted.
5/. Transducer cable goes forward, and scupper hole sealed.
6/. I cut a hole in the underside of the tackle hatch lid to stow the extra transducer cable
7/. Head unit mounted, note the small SS cable and clip which I've run from the earthing screw to a small hole in the bracket. This is so, if the head unit should come loose, it wont disappear overboard.
8/. Once the Sellers All Clear has cured for a week, I'll take it out and put it through it's paces.
Here's where you get your hands dirty, so to speak. So if you like to build or customize things for the yak, this is your forum
2 posts • Page 1 of 1
- Posts: 8282
- Joined: Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:20 pm
- Kayak Make: Viking
- Kayak Model: Reload
- VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196
- Location: West Harbour
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest