waypoints, maps, laptop

Discuss anything electronic or electrical, lights, sounders, GPS etc..
SitDown
Kayak Make: paddle power

Thu Oct 11, 2018 6:25 pm

I would like to import / export waypoints then edit them on my laptop
It would be better if there was some type of mapping to use with my waypoints on my laptop
I do have navionics plus on my ff, but a 15 inch screen is tons better then my 7 inch ff
What do you guys use

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Thu Oct 11, 2018 8:22 pm

Yes I'd be interested in this too.
-----------------
For those who may be interested, I'm corresponding with the Dev at Aqua Maps, because they link to Active Captain, which is now 'Garmin' ActiveCaptain.

So I thought it would be possible to make and transfer waypoints etc, to and from, Aqua Maps on my phone, Active Captain's website on my Mac (and app on Phone) and Garmin's Fishfinder.

Now some of that may be possible, I've ascertained from the Aqua Maps Dev that :: it looks like Routes in Aqua Map wont go to Active Captain, but it should be possible to get some of this working.

I'll report back if I have any success.

What I can say is that on the GarminActive Captain's website on my Mac, I can make waypoints and transfer them to the App on my phone (sync instant) and when I get the Garmin striker plus 7sv they should go seamlessly to the FF. However the Active Captain's website on my Mac is not a chart, it's satellite or ordinary map with no chart detail.
VALKOHAI

Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Thu Oct 11, 2018 9:52 pm

Ahaa - break through.

I cannot do this: send a route/waypoint from AquaMap app > Active Captain > Garmin FF

I can do this: for a route/waypoint in AquaMap app share it with Active Captain App > Garmin FF

Note: a single way point in AquaMap is a whole route, but with only one point in it. When it's shared to the Active Captain App you have to go in and name it, but other wise it's all good!

Bonza, now to look at the bank account for the fancy Garmin FF

:beer: :beer: :beer:
VALKOHAI

Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

• Information