Tasman/Marlborough region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Grazer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Venus 2

Wed Oct 03, 2018 4:08 pm

I'm getting set up but was wondering if anýone was going out and didn't mind a newbie tagging along. Just want to be learn some more, advice etc. I live in Tahuna but will travel.
Cheers Greg

peteatkina
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 am

welcome Greg. Your timings good for getting out on the water, with a few snaps starting to turn up. Plenty of gurnard n smaller ky around too.
Im heading over the bay (wainui/seperation pt) this weekend otherwise would catch up for a yarn/fish.
Best fishing has been predawn so cancel the sleep ins for the next couple of months :x
Coppins sports in motueka is now stocking Viking if you need anything. Lenny is good for uptodate advice, has a pretty good range of gear, bait, and has a yak.....
Enjoy

JohnnyR
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 13

Thu Oct 04, 2018 6:24 pm

Yes I went off Tata Islands on Wednesday. Good sized gurnard caught on prawns and micro jigs.

Grazer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Venus 2

Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:38 am

peteatkina wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:52 am
welcome Greg. Your timings good for getting out on the water, with a few snaps starting to turn up. Plenty of gurnard n smaller ky around too.
Im heading over the bay (wainui/seperation pt) this weekend otherwise would catch up for a yarn/fish.
Best fishing has been predawn so cancel the sleep ins for the next couple of months :x
Coppins sports in motueka is now stocking Viking if you need anything. Lenny is good for uptodate advice, has a pretty good range of gear, bait, and has a yak.....
Enjoy
Thanks mate, sorry about the delay in reply. Just back from a tiki tour of the east cape. Awesome part of our country.
It would be great to catch up for a yarn. If you like text me on 0211837431.
Cheers
Greg

Roach

Tue Oct 09, 2018 6:34 pm

Hey Grazer, I'd be keen to get out with you sometime. I'm based in Richmond and also willing to travel. Also new only having picked up a yak a few months back. Been lurking around Cable Bay mostly. Pick up a few gurnards most days and the missus got her first snapper last weekend.

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Tue Oct 09, 2018 7:46 pm

Grazer wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 8:38 am
Just back from a tiki tour of the east cape. Awesome part of our country.
I'd love to do the East Cape again, last time was when I was 14, are there any good Kayaking spots?

Cheers

Marc
VALKOHAI

Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

CLW62
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: reload

Wed Oct 10, 2018 5:03 pm

I will be getting the reload wet over the coming months, i tend to head out from cable bay, haven't really tried anywhere else.

• Information