CTUG/Wheeleez Conversion

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
sambenks1
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Prowler Elite 4.1

Mon Oct 01, 2018 10:12 pm

Has anyone had experience with the Wheeleez Conversion Kit from Beachwheels? Is it as easy to do as it suggests on their website?
https://www.beachwheels.co.nz/shop/kaya ... ersion-kit
A bit nervous about cutting mine up to try. Also once done how does it compare to the Wheeleez cart? Thanks!

Blazer60
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60

Tue Oct 02, 2018 6:59 am

I can’t speak to the conversion kit but I did bush engineer the same conversion a wee while back. Either a combination of my marginal engineering skills and/or the lure of the lighter weight, more compactable tubular Wheeleez frame forced me to retire the CTug frame. No regrets.
Blazer60
In between ships ZMW5911
Any Stealths for sale?

sambenks1
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Prowler Elite 4.1

Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:10 pm

Thanks Blazer. I was a bit worried if the Wheeleez would fit in my hatch so took the plunge and got the kit. I was a bit worried with my limited DIY skills but fitting was stupidly easy. You just cut the ribs pull off the old plastic, boil yes "boil" the new extenders and slide them on. When they cool they're rock solid. And OMG what a difference. Getting the Yak to/from the water is so much easier and faster! Would never go back to the old wheels!

UrbanAngler
Kayak Make: VIking
Kayak Model: ProFish 440

Tue Nov 06, 2018 10:30 pm

sambenks1 wrote:
Mon Nov 05, 2018 7:10 pm
Thanks Blazer. I was a bit worried if the Wheeleez would fit in my hatch so took the plunge and got the kit. I was a bit worried with my limited DIY skills but fitting was stupidly easy. You just cut the ribs pull off the old plastic, boil yes "boil" the new extenders and slide them on. When they cool they're rock solid. And OMG what a difference. Getting the Yak to/from the water is so much easier and faster! Would never go back to the old wheels!
is the wheel bigger or smaller than the original wheel? i hate it that with viking PF400 you can't fit the current wheel into the hull.

• Information