New Member, Northland Based

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Trale
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Wed Sep 12, 2018 8:52 am

Morning,

Head overseas for work but I'll be back just before Christmas which is when I'll be making my first kayak purchase. I've always had an interest in fishing but only over the last year I've been really digging my heels in. I entered into the 2018 Beach and Boat here at Marsden Point this year and came third for land based snapper at 19lbs. I was pretty chuffed and since then all I've been thinking about is hunting the big moochers.

I've decided on kayak fishing because I love the idea of soft baits, mechanical jigging and the additional fitness that kayaking brings. I also like the adventure aspect.

I've been tossing up between a Profish 400 and a Profish GT. I'm yet to try either but a lot of folk have been recommending the 400.

If you're in Northland and heading into summer looking for someone to go for a fish and paddle with, hit me up!

Looking to learn a lot because there's a lot to learn!

Cheers!

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Fri Sep 14, 2018 7:26 pm

Hey Trale, welcome along.

As summer rolls around, there's plenty of yaks out on the water, should easily find someone down your way who can introduce you to the little quirks, huge advantages (and some serious entertainment) that yakfishing brings.

HLD
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

• Information