Newbie from Nelson

Introduce yourself and may be find a fishing buddy or two...
Noobie01

Thu Jun 28, 2018 9:54 pm

Hi all!

I'm new to Kayak fishing. Looking to get into it this summer with my partner to either fish or cruise around, nothing too serious. Been surfcasting most of the time here but am getting itchy feet for the larger fish further out!

On the lookout for a used Viking 2+1 or equivalent in the south island, I can see us going together 9/10 times but on the occasion that I'm alone, at least I can paddle the 2+1 alone with ease.

Found pretty decently priced ones in the north island but freight alone makes it more expensive than buying new! My budget is currently at around $1000.

Also been looking at Blue mako duo 2+1 or no name ones but not sure how good they really are.

Hope to see you in the waters soon!

peteatkina
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Fri Jun 29, 2018 9:08 am

welcome to the forum. keep an eye open as 'the otha fulla' picked up a nice 2+1 for $600 on trade me pre xmas

Bear Jules
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: -

Sat Jun 30, 2018 6:21 pm

Welcome mate! I purchased a 2+1 new on trade me for $950 ish. It was a second but all that was wrong was a misplaced sticker. I think it came from the guys at the factory shop. You could give them a bell and see what they have... The kayak also came with 2 new 2 piece paddles.
Yes the 2+1 is a breeze topaddle solo. I often in the summer have my 10yr old and my 7yrold on there with me.
Happy yakking! Image

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

• Information