2nd june

Tasman/Marlborough region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
peteatkina
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Mon Jun 04, 2018 8:51 am

Popped out of kaiteri.... the otherfulla picked up a nice snaps early on and added 3 more and a wharehou (must be winter). I chased some birds for awhile but couldnt find anything willing to eat plastic or metal. Anchored just off some good structure n pumped the burley. With a large block of squid on board as back up, the fshing went red hot. nothing big but a staedy stream of gurnard n snaps n coutas.... ended up keeping a couple of gurnard, 3 brim, n a massive blue cod. pretty warm on the water for winter but water temp is down to 12.5 pretty nice day out :)
Attachments
20180602_171654[1].jpg

RJ
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: ultra 4.7

Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:06 pm

That is a nice mixed bag you have there Pete :clap:

Epicskwid
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: ProFish 400 Lite

Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 pm

Do you just catch those fishing lures in a burley trail ? I'm too scared to put them down because of the couta around here. do you tend to lose very many lures ? Interested to see , because i will be switching over if it's not too bad. Great catch too , Jealous :y:
Viking ProFish 400 Lite
Catch 290 [Retired]

Kayak PB's
15.1kg Yellowtail Kingfish - Tongoio Beach
3.1kg Snapper - Oraka Beach Mahia
3.2kg Kahawai - Napier Port
2.2kg Blue Cod- Golden Bay
2.1kg Trevally - Taylors Bay Mahia
1.3kg Tarakihi - Whangawehi Mahia
1.3kg John Dory - Taranaki Port
1.2kg Gurnard - Okiwi Bay

peteatkina
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:28 pm

Epicskwid wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 10:45 pm
Do you just catch those fishing lures in a burley trail ? I'm too scared to put them down because of the couta around here. do you tend to lose very many lures ? Interested to see , because i will be switching over if it's not too bad. Great catch too , Jealous :y:
mate your the one with the list of pbs.... jealous as!!
If driftings not the go its easy to revert to old/bad habits and pin down and start chunking chovies... then a softy down the burley trail doin its own thing while i play with jigs, and micros. often switchin between the two to keep the softy active. less sharks, same amount of cudas as bait.
Went to Catch fishing seminar run through Big Blue last night. Interesting n entertaining night. Plenty of things to ponder and will have to add a couple or 4 of their Double Trouble lures to the collection. New softbaits look good and will be fun trying kaburas more through winter.
:rock: :rock:

• Information