Yak hard-body lure starter pack recommendations please.

Discuss fishing tackle, methods, and kayak fishing accessories here.
dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm

Yes , single hooks on the Manic Prey. When I hear a strike I paddle a few hard strokes whilst turning in the direction the rod is on , hopefully sets the hook(s) and gets the line angled out away and not directly behind when I get the rod out of the holder

Glass is Class.. dedant

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Wed May 02, 2018 3:32 pm

I have an order of Dr Evil lures arriving soon. They will be $20 ea plus postage or $35 for two if collected. :)

Glass is Class.. dedant

UrbanAngler
Kayak Make: VIking
Kayak Model: ProFish 440

Wed May 02, 2018 5:43 pm

dedant wrote:I have an order of Dr Evil lures arriving soon. They will be $20 ea plus postage or $35 for two if collected. :)
Better to follow suit before it gets 15% more expensive :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AndrewRawlingson

Wed May 02, 2018 7:02 pm

Indeed, or foreign retailers decide we're just not worth the hassle :(

WEE WILLY
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Frenzy-4.1 Ultra
VHF Call Sign: ZMU 5277

Thu May 03, 2018 6:34 am

dedant wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 3:30 pm
Yes , single hooks on the Manic Prey. When I hear a strike I paddle a few hard strokes whilst turning in the direction the rod is on , hopefully sets the hook(s) and gets the line angled out away and not directly behind when I get the rod out of the holder
I tried singles & seemed to me that I had a decreased strike rate & definatley a lot less hook up when struck, the other thing is the drag pressure when a lure gets hit, I run light drag and when lure is struck,I do what you do & put in a couple of strong strokes, then quickly add more drag pressure, put in a 6 -10 more strong strokes, by this time hopefully the reel will be screaming, the I stop paddling turn the rudder, always left , retreive rod from holder, make an assessment of drag pressure, adjust if nessarasry, continue with battle & hope the predator is not flying in the air!! :doh:
Also I think a peddle power Kayak would also be better at the point of hookup, as you would be able to maintain pressure while moving? :!:
<*))))><
<*))))><....<*))))><....
<*))))><....<*))))><....<*))))><....<*))))><....
<*))))><.... <*))))><....
<*))))><....

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Thu May 03, 2018 8:32 am

UrbanAngler wrote:
Wed May 02, 2018 5:43 pm
dedant wrote:I have an order of Dr Evil lures arriving soon. They will be $20 ea plus postage or $35 for two if collected. :)
Better to follow suit before it gets 15% more expensive :(
I'm not sure how they'll handle this, If I buy a 'two slice-pull-start-granular-fishing-chop-lure' from XinXioKingShiu heavy industries - and it's popped in the post, what are they gonna do when it turns up in NZ? block the $2.56 shipment at the border and launch a prosecution for XinXioKingShiu heavy industries for not being GST registered?

I don't think they've thought this through, I think they relying on the experience of digital downloads, wherein, organisations like Apple and Netflix rocked up and registered for and starting paying, GST quite easily. I don't think any one knows about the $1.50 PDF on fishing knots I bought from a lad in Oregon. No GST and no prosecutions (so far) there...

I'd enjoy the first court case that they try to file against an 11 year old girl for $1.00 hair ties from Vietnam because the vendor wasn't GST registered. Outfits like Amazon and Ebay, will probably come to the party, but XinXioKingShiu heavy industries ? Not likely...

The only possible way to effectively police this stuff would be to have a true 'Big Brother' state and computer system in the government. And as far as I can see, only Facebook is approaching anything like that at this time.

BTW - I've never been a FaceBooker - - # DeleteFacebook
VALKOHAI

Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

• Information