More Aussie Mack Action , and my Mate Flipped by Shark

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Jamie D
Kayak Make: Profisha 525
Kayak Model: Stealth
VHF Call Sign: Warpig

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:52 am

kayak fishing tale of the day goes to Ant from Palm Beach from where I fish Sunday 22nd , I'll tell that story first because it's amazing and nightmare material all rolled into one , makes that video online of the shark eating that tuna last minute look average . So my Mate the Carnster says to me at one stage " I just saw Ant fall off his Kayak " :o , to which I thought wow that's unusual because he is highly experienced . Then I see Ant paddling towards me and he yells out " Mate !!! You'll never guess what just happened to me "

Turns out Poor Ants there reeling in a spotted Mackerel , he see's it circling below the boat , thinks yahoo macks on , is about to gaff it , when a huge noah ( He thinks a bronzy ) comes and NAILS the spotty in one mouthful :sweat: :shout: Then dives at speed under the kayak hooks Ants other line which he's reeled in so he can fight the spotty , that rod is set to full lock drag , he seems to think the rig on the other rod got caught either on it's fin or it's mouth , it takes off at speed and pulls him straight over and into the drink with this thing swirling around him :doh: :beye: I said to him Mate , that sounds like the sorta shit that happens to me lol. Love this sport , pure Adventure :rock:

The Fishing

After terrible Northerly winds ranging in the 20 knot bracket yesterday , a Southerly wind swing was predicted for today , coming in late yesterday afternoon , the water temperature had dropped slightly ( 24 degrees is Ideal for Mackerel it dropped to like 22 ) yesterday on the buoys which you can monitor online from the government weather site ,but we knew that the southerly change would pop it up a degree or half if lucky , it did exactly that. At 4am the wind was about 2knots if that so I sneaked out in the dark through the wind lull , and was able to capitalise on a good three hour window before the wind blew up rough at about 7am

So I launched in the Dark through the small surf as per normal . Get out to the Main reef to debrief with the Carnster , he tells me he's just had a tripple hook up :rock: , the kind of bedlam he loves and is known for , he can keep it !!! So the pressures on now to produce , I was in the process of making a South westerly sweep over the reef when shssssssss sssssssss ssss I hear the whisp of braid sailing through Rod guides , I took a good 30 seconds to click it was my slug I was running up the guts going off , I am so used to hearing the zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz of the clicker . I boated a Spotty after a bit of line tangle that was fixed with the minimum of fuss. I had two further hits that did not connect , and landed a grinner on a slug that tried to eat my finger . It's fair to say , it was on and if all hits had connected a good feed of spots would have resulted , i caught dinner I was happy , the Carnster ended with four , but I think he stopped fishing because he had to go .

Little Video of the Days Events

and the Carnsters video of the same days action

Yaktofish
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9666

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:58 am

Nice fish there mate :y:
Viking Reload
Ocean Ultra 4.3

Jamie D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:06 am

Yaktofish wrote:Nice fish there mate :y:
Thanks Bro , literally love the Profile picture to btw :y: :y: :y: :rock:

murf
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3 Ultra

Mon Nov 23, 2015 10:29 am

Awesome vids Jamie, bit of cowboy action in there too :lol:

See Xavier Rudd pops up in the 'watch these next' panel, saw him live here nearly 2 years ago, awesome.

Jamie D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 11:38 am

murf wrote:Awesome vids Jamie, bit of cowboy action in there too :lol:

See Xavier Rudd pops up in the 'watch these next' panel, saw him live here nearly 2 years ago, awesome.
I've always appreciated trippers , and he's major out there material , love it when he plays the didge and guitar at once on stage then the trippy lyrics , yeah , he's cool :y:

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:03 pm

Nice work Jamie :y:

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:15 pm

Interesting read, thanks for sharing Jamie. That shark story sounds like the kind of trouble I'd get myself into.
Jamie D wrote:he tells me he's just had a tripple hook up :rock: , the kind of bedlam he loves and is known for , he can keep it !!!
Agreed, that's a bit of madness as far as I'm concerned.
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

Jamie D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 12:59 pm

FatherOfMany wrote:Interesting read, thanks for sharing Jamie. That shark story sounds like the kind of trouble I'd get myself into.
Jamie D wrote:he tells me he's just had a tripple hook up :rock: , the kind of bedlam he loves and is known for , he can keep it !!!
Agreed, that's a bit of madness as far as I'm concerned.
Cheers Awondering for the comment , father of many , I think a lot of people would say pass to the triple hookup , I get worried enough with a double

Cowboy
Kayak Make: Cobra Marauder
Kayak Model: Viking 440
VHF Call Sign: Cowboy

Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:51 pm

What are those Macks like to eat mate

Jamie D

Mon Nov 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Cowboy wrote:What are those Macks like to eat mate
Beautiful brother , like snapper x 10 , I just did one today in the smoker , unreal !!!!

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:39 pm

Awesome TR report and vids Jamie . Top notch , love the cowboy stuff too ! :y:

Ruff as Gutts
Kayak Model: Swing

Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:44 pm

Awesome vids bro! Three screaming reels, gotta love that!!! :rock: :rock:

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:25 pm

Stellar Vid again bro, Nicely done :y:

Jamie D

Tue Nov 24, 2015 11:23 am

Kingfish killer , ruff as and yak fisho cheers for the kind words glad you enjoyed them , I think the movie clips thrown in make them a crack up :rock:

• Information