A good filleting knife?

For the discussion of how you cook your catch, post your favorite recipes in here for all to try
Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 pm

fritter wrote:Here is a a link for the spyderco sharpmaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6HLN-Q7Ms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Fritter :y: geez that was a hard watch , the guy rambled on a bit but I did persever till the end .
It looked quite good and very similar to the Lansky set . Im undecided on which one to choose at this stage but $$$ will probably decide for me .

BOBCAT
Kayak Model: Ultra 4.1
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 6538

Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 pm

Heya KK just watched that Spyderco video - see what you mean about that guy - those words " just get on with it" spring to mind.

Kingfish killer

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm

BOBCAT wrote:Heya KK just watched that Spyderco video - see what you mean about that guy - those words " just get on with it" spring to mind.
Yeah mate , at one stage around the 4 minute mark I found myself swearing at him ! :lol:

beerbaron
Kayak Make: Old town
Kayak Model: Urban camo

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm

I finished a whole beer and then I realised it WAS AMASING, so glad I used up all my months data on that!!!
Old Town saloon whiskey swiring electric vibration fish slaying apparatus!

fritter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite
VHF Call Sign: ZMW4166

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 pm

Glad you guys enjoyed it.

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 pm

Hey KK I've been using the Lansky for awhile use on all knives Hunting, Fishing and House and only got the 3 stone type set
the first time you put to your blades it can take awhile but after that you only just need to redress with the fine stone and thin I hit with my Fine Juel stick
One of the hardest things I find on my blades is from when I killing pigs shaving the remaining hair off after scolding and then redress and back to Sharp in no time :y:

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm

Kingfish killer wrote:
fritter wrote:Here is a a link for the spyderco sharpmaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6HLN-Q7Ms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Fritter :y: geez that was a hard watch , the guy rambled on a bit but I did persever till the end .
It looked quite good and very similar to the Lansky set . Im undecided on which one to choose at this stage but $$$ will probably decide for me .
Damn that was painful!!
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

Kingfish killer

Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:49 pm

STRAY DOG wrote:Hey KK I've been using the Lansky for awhile use on all knives Hunting, Fishing and House and only got the 3 stone type set
the first time you put to your blades it can take awhile but after that you only just need to redress with the fine stone and thin I hit with my Fine Juel stick
One of the hardest things I find on my blades is from when I killing pigs shaving the remaining hair off after scolding and then redress and back to Sharp in no time :y:
Cheers for the feedback Jase :y:

Mental
Site Admin
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 465
VHF Call Sign: ZMS4156

Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 pm

I use the three stone set plus I added the yellow extra fine stone, dunno if it helps that much but it gives a mirror like finish so at least you can see where you've been :)
Phoenix Kayaks - Hornet
Stealth - Evolution 465
Ramco - Fishmaster 580 My BIG kayak!
...and the countless other kayaks I've owned

• Information