Narrowneck 19.2 evening

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Badfisherman
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Wed Feb 19, 2020 10:04 pm

Got away from work at a reasonable time and got on the water for a quick fish. On water for 5.45.. Drifted from the green marker down past the cliffs to the next marker.

Was pretty windy at times, not much happening till I got to the second green marker towards takapuna.

Had a z man new penny bouncing along the bottom while I changed rigs on other rod and it got smashed. Bit of a scrap and a nice 42 cm snapper went in the bin

Couldnt entice anything more on softbait (which probably means I need to work on technique) so dropped a lime pickle jitterbug, hooked up pretty quickly and a 38cm joined the other in the bin.

Fished for a while longer and dropped a couple before calling it a day around 7.45 got some exercise paddling back to beach against outgoing tide and decent breeze.

Good to be back on water and dinner tomorrow sorted

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:05 pm

Good result. Try the pink and silver flea. It never fails although you have to get through 10 small ones for a keeper. Use a light drag as hook pulls are common. I only ever drag new penny, try a lighter, 12lb leader with 3/8oz jig head. Again light drag but there's no snags only sand.
Hopefully see you on the water at some point.

Badfisherman

Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:47 pm

Luke 1 wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:05 pm
Good result. Try the pink and silver flea. It never fails although you have to get through 10 small ones for a keeper. Use a light drag as hook pulls are common. I only ever drag new penny, try a lighter, 12lb leader with 3/8oz jig head. Again light drag but there's no snags only sand.
Hopefully see you on the water at some point.
Thanks Luke

How do you fish the flea, up and down or like a softbait?

Yes, hopefully see you out there. Narrow neck is great for beginner like myself. Get fish and safe

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:33 am

Drop it down to the bottom and flick bail arm over. Then just lift the rod to bring it off the bottom, then let it drop again.
You can also just leave it in the rod holder. I think I use the 21g one.

Badfisherman

Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:08 am

Luke 1 wrote:Drop it down to the bottom and flick bail arm over. Then just lift the rod to bring it off the bottom, then let it drop again.
You can also just leave it in the rod holder. I think I use the 21g one.
Awesome thanks. I'll grab one and give it a go

Sent from my SM-A530F using Tapatalk

• Information