Narrowneck Annual Kahawai Classic

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Sun Apr 21, 2019 11:54 am

Plans were made and a 615am kick off was agreed by myself, Kermit, Eugenie and Baz for the above annual comp.
Things didn't start off great for me. My wife had told me to be quiet when leaving so as not too wake the boys. Unfortunately I'd left my drink bottle on the stairs which I stepped on resulting in a bit of a tumble and alot of noise thus waking up the whole house, plus the dog. I quickly departed before anything could be said, thinking a few snapper would see the incident forgotten.

Anyway back to the fishing, which was excellent. All methods were working and Barry had 5 in the bin after the first drift. I'd caught around 15 small ones on the flea and finally got a couple on keepers on New Penny curly tails. Kermit and Eugene were struggling.
The rules clearly stated by me while launching was that it was a ky comp so with that in mind Baz decided to chase the work ups. With myself being far wiser I just let the fish come to me, and using a coconut ice softie I proceeded to boat 2 fish as the ky crashed all around me. I scored another on the paddle back too.

On the beach my fellow happless competitors had failed to get a single ky admist the carnage on the water. So the trophy, once again, as expected was presented to the Mayor admist much cheering from the on looking crowd.

I kindly donated a ky to Baz and with this generous act in mind it was quickly decided by my fellow anglers to promote me from Mayor to King of Narrowneck.
The kind acts didn't stop there as I also towed out a boatie that had got his car stuck.
Long Live the King!
20190419_114405.jpg
Ps The biggest fish that Kermit weighed in can just be seen on the cheek of one of the kahahwai.
Last edited by Luke 1 on Sun Apr 21, 2019 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Idealizedredesign
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5596

Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:04 pm

All hail to the king :P
Sleep in, eat a good breakfast, paddle out slow.

TBreezy

Sun Apr 21, 2019 6:38 pm

Nice job and congratulations on the promotion.

Kermit
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: PF400 - Kermit

Sun Apr 21, 2019 10:12 pm

Luke, by recollection there was NO mention of a KY comp happening at the time. Only when you got back to the beach was it mentioned. You're new name shall be Filler as in filler s$&t.
Next time you want a comp, state the rules prior to launching and not at the end.
Have fun tomorrow, my next trip will be when you are at work, have fun :clap:
Viking PF400 - Kermit
Viking Espri Angler - worn out
PB snapper - 17.9lbs - 82cm CKFC
Plenty of time to sleep when you die

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Tue Apr 23, 2019 6:53 am

Mate I think your hearing trumpet must be blocked with seaweed again. :lol:
Anyway you should of come out yesterday, had the place to myself for once.
Got to the yellow ball at 715 & back on the beach at 845, biggest 50cm, fishing was unreal.
Enjoy your week off, oh to be semi retired :beer:
20190422_092229.jpg

• Information