Pukerua Bay still firing!

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Bear Jules
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: -

Mon Apr 16, 2018 9:55 am

Headed out Sat arvo with a 7/10 forecast and with very few out. As I was getting ready to head in at 3pm ish the two other yakkers next to me were packing up having been out since 10am. One of them had pulled a 22lb Snapper out of the briny and a Kingi and stacks of Kahawai. I thought this sounds promising!
Got set up anchored and burleyed and very quiet till my mate Mike arrived. We shifted about 100m and was all go for an hour with lots of Ky, Congers and blind eels! Amongst it was 3 nice Snapper for me which I was thankful for. 52, 54 and 57cm. Stoked! Had to make the most of the weather break as has been quite bad lately. Image

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

AndrewRawlingson

Mon Apr 16, 2018 10:09 am

Nice snaps. Blind eel? That was a new one for me. Had to Google it. They sound horrendous! :puke:

Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Elite4
VHF Call Sign: none

Mon Apr 16, 2018 12:01 pm

Great fish ! :y:
VALKOHAI

Fishmaster Elite4 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish

Bear Jules
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: -

Tue Apr 17, 2018 4:51 pm

AndrewRawlingson wrote:Nice snaps. Blind eel? That was a new one for me. Had to Google it. They sound horrendous! :puke:
Yes indeed they are! A bucket of slime / snot in a big ball on the end of your line. Line not to be used again as this seems to be their defence mechanism and other fish don't like what's in the slime. I seem to catch my fair share of blind eels for some reason!!!

Sent from my SM-J500Y using Tapatalk

Swainsnow
Kayak Make: Not yet
Kayak Model: Not yet
VHF Call Sign: Not yet

Tue Apr 17, 2018 5:16 pm

I did a compass swing on a boat that fished for blind eels to go to the Korean market. They must have some secret preparing method as they are a bit revolting to the eye. :puke:

• Information