Manu Bay - Sunday 31st Jan

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Smitty
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish

Fri Feb 02, 2018 12:35 pm

Sorry for the belated fishing report but we don't see too many reports from Manu Bay (Raglan) so thought I would get this in.

Launched approx 8am, me on my single, my two young boys on the double and friend Phil on his yak who we met out there. We anchored up 300-400 meters from the boat ramp and action was pretty quiet. Phil decided to move and he headed out deeper. Kids and I decided to be a bit more patient. At about 9am bites came on and it was full on from there with fish, often two fish, coming up with every drop. However it was really difficult to catch keepers, heaps of undersized snapper. In then end we kept two snapper and two typically large west coast gurnard. So not a big haul but enough for tea and the boys really enjoyed themselves catching fish even if they were throwing them back. Bite time also coincided with the fishing calendar which was quite cool to experience.
Phil experienced the same bite time but he didn't didn't have the small fish problem, he had his limit with all good size snapper, damn, I should have moved earlier too!
The morning topped off with a rather attractive topless female sunbathing back at the boat ramp, although admittedly I missed this, Phil told me the next day :headbang:

46John
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: 4.3

Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:29 pm

Nice to see a TR from a different area - thanks.

• Information