NN 27-01-18 Same old

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Mitch65
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:45 pm

Myself and the Mayor decided to do an early fish with Barry tagging along in the Chinese spy yak. Later informed that Doc finally got a permit from the Mayor and turned up as well.
Arrived at beach at 0450 and unloaded the yak. With high tide at 0530 had plenty of time. Barry turned up at around 0515 and Mayor a little later, (not that his beauty sleep does him any good).
Whilst the boys fluffed about like old woman I headed out towards rough rock. Mayor finally caught up and Barry going off looking for live bait.
Got to the spot just as the sun was breaking the surface (magic time) and started the drift. Slow going at first and mayor yabbering fish on every time his (fishing)rod twitched.
Mayor stayed out until 0800 when his wife reminded him about his yoga class. He ended up with 7 after handing over the 2 extra he caught ( can't have him taking more than he's allowed deducted 200 points. 100 per fish).
I decided to keep going and meet up with Barry, he said his live baits lated 30minutes to become dead baits ( just not the same Barry, did you try CPR?????).
Headed in for 0930 with 4 +2 to be met by mayor in his yoga pants dancing on the beach( not a pretty sight).
Barry arrived with 5 on sliders and not dead bait and caught up with Doc after getting a coffee who got 7.
Another good morning with great company.
Doc the mayor was not happy about you taking his parking space and was talking about infringement notice and lost points.
Mayor get up earlier to avoid parking dramas.

Barry, you might have to investigate a trailer to tow behind your yak for the extra crap you carry...

See you all next week Stay safe
Attachments
image.jpeg
image.jpeg
Viking Espri Angler

Plenty of time to sleep when you die

DocProfit
Kayak Model: Reload

Sat Jan 27, 2018 3:21 pm

Really was nice out there this morning, and the fishing was excellent.

I'm very happy with my new parking spot as well, tell the Mayor thanks for sharing.
Attachments
f1.jpg

LukeNZ

Sat Jan 27, 2018 6:58 pm

I missed your reply DocProfit, otherwise I would have popped down to say hello.

Nice looking fish, and the water looks perfect!

Next time.

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:39 pm

I only kept them as I didn't want you to go hungry again or get another skunking :lol:
Got the all clear for Coopers Beach, best you kiwi lightweights get your drinking hats on :beer:
Unfortunately Doc is fined $50 bucks for parking in the Mayor only spot and deducted 200 points for his comments regarding my, yet again, lateness to the ramp.
Baz is deducted points for too much gear and killing his live (dead) baits. Think they need more than one hole bro.
Great morning on the water.
20180127_084651.jpg

Luke 1
Kayak Make: Prowler
Kayak Model: 4.5
VHF Call Sign: N/a

Sat Jan 27, 2018 7:47 pm

Also the inaugural Narrowneck fish off will be occurring in April this year. I'll be hosting a barbie at my place. Anyone that is not a member of The Narrowneck Premiere League which is regard by many as probably the best fishing league in the world is welcome to attend. Mitch has kindly agreed to supply the beers because he can't catch fish :D
I'll have to run this event past my yoga instructor (wife) first although I clearly run things in this relationship, it's just polite to ask.

Mitch65
Kayak Model: Espri Angler

Sat Jan 27, 2018 8:42 pm

Sounds like a plan on both accounts, 1 x 12 pack Heineken light due to others driving.

I take it you use your counting skills when it comes to measurement as well.

Remember 7 only. 7 comes after 6 and before 8. You can use your toes if required. :D
Viking Espri Angler

Plenty of time to sleep when you die

UrbanAngler
Kayak Make: VIking
Kayak Model: ProFish 440

Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:47 pm

Enjoy reading your banter guys. Makes me wana try NN some time soon :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dedant
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 500
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Mon Jan 29, 2018 1:50 pm

This morning was tough. One 40cm and another barely over 30 to keep. A few smaller as well..bring on the April event. I am experimenting with Ginger Beer, my Cider I know is OK, I'll put another batch down soon, ;)
Attachments
P1010333.JPG

Glass is Class.. dedant

46John
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: 4.3

Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:30 pm

Nice to see you boys still at it. We had our third child on Thursday last week... so doubt that I will be fishing for months!

• Information