Biteless in Bell Block

Go on then, tell us your stories...
mikG
Kayak Make: cobra
Kayak Model: FnD

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:43 pm

Headed out off BBK this evening. Conditions were not what id hoped for but not bad. Tryed to the right, behind and to the left off the reef. Zip. Nada. Not even a nibble. Thats the third time in a row ive been skunked out there. Yet when i head 20 minutes north up the road i bring home a feed. Im starting to loose faith BBK, anyone been catching off BBK?

Flowrider
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: Flowrider

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:50 pm

Try straylining whole squid, seems to work well this time of year. What bait and rigs are you using and how deep?
Taranaki Kayak Fishing Classic http://kayakfishingclassic.org.nz/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Taranaki Kayak Fishing Club http://www.oskfc.net" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Viking Reload

Tara Yakka
Kayak Model: Reload

Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:58 pm

I'm not catching anything out there either, MikG....
Mind you, I've never tried :P My suggestion is to head 20min up the road when you can, but also, dont give up on your local.!!

She will test you, withhold goodies from you, :swear: you off to the point you want to chuck it all in..... :headbang:
Then she will give you the sweetest times of your life, the most pleasurable experiences that you have ever had..... :drunk:
All this from just down the road.

Thats from my own experience from 9 yrs in the Naki, surfing and fishing(4yrs). Just gotta hang in there bud. :y:
In saying that, it sounds like my few missons to the Port. I dont like the Port much.... :lol:
Mission Catch 390
Viking ProFish440
Viking Reload

crabman
Kayak Model: Profish 440
VHF Call Sign: ???

Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:39 pm

Hey Mikg there will be a couple of us fishing from the port on Saturday, The forecast isn't great but youre welcome to tag along if you like.Normally get a good feed of Gurnard when we head out there.

I have only fished of BB a couple of times and to be honest its not one of my choices of places to fish.

mikG
Kayak Make: cobra
Kayak Model: FnD

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:32 am

Flowrider, ive been using pilchards mostly, bit of squid and last time some samsar on ledgers. Fishing in no more than 10m, probably less. Last night when i was sitting out there i was thinking i need to try some things, like straylining! My first season so still finding my way :)
Thanks for the encouragement tara yakka, i hear ya bro. I dont like being beaten so i will not give up on BBK till i pull something good out of there!!!
Hey crabman, sounds good bud. What time you thinking. Its my girlfriends last weekend before she goes away for four weeks. Ive got a 6 aside cricket tournament on sunday so i may be pushing it. However shes a good girl and recognizes a mans need to hunt and gather! Especially if i can provide some fresh fish for saturday night :)

Tanglewoods
Kayak Model: P400

Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:37 am

Its my local and its dead. The last 3 times nothing. No snapper in the usual places, no kahiwai on the surface, no birds and the most likely reason NO current. ??? Time for a drive me thinks.

crabman
Kayak Model: Profish 440
VHF Call Sign: ???

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:17 pm

at the moment looking at about 7am launch. Probably head out to about 30m. Approx 2.5k paddle

vr4king

Thu Feb 21, 2013 8:33 pm

Yeah Im about to give up there too but its handy for a newbie like me and I feel comfortable going alone out there...........
I have pulled a few nice gurnad from there though.

• Information