Army Bay 1/4/2022

Go on then, tell us your stories...
Nemesis
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 15

Shot up to Army Bay for a quick fish after work on Friday, launched at 4.30pm and enjoyed 90 minutes of wrestling with XXXXL Kahawai in the middle of the bay, before moving a little closer to the reef and getting one nice fat 50cm snapper who gave a decent account of himself,
Decided that was enough fun for the evening, and headed back in to avoid a retrieve in the dusk.
There was a spearo who had paddled out as I drove down the ramp to launch, and he had parked his Jeep on the beach to the west of the ramp, and well below the high tide mark.
When I got back to the ramp, the tide still had another 2 hours to go, and the Jeep was still there, with the waves now washing around it's front wheels. Where it was parked, the ramp was now inaccessible to it, and there was now way, due to the bank behind it, that it could be pulled further up the beach. The front tyres were starting to sink in the sand as it softened with the water and waves were starting to lick the front bumper.
A few minutes later the very hot spearo paddled in and and ran over and jumped in the jeep, it started okay, and then there were a few anxious moments before he managed to extract the front wheels and back it further up against the bank. In talking to him after he was pretty confident that the vehicle was safe from the tide, he was going to call his wife and go to the pub for dinner and come back after midnight to retrieve the vehicle.
I resisted pointing out that the last sign on the ramp says "No Parking on the beach"
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.
Rabbit
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Fisha 555

Yeh the high tide can come right up that ramp especially on a new moon. I always try to avoid a big high tide there as at times there can be zero beach to work with. Not the smartest thing to do to park your vehicle on the beach at Army Bay....a high chance it could end in tears
Marc N
Kayak Make: FishMaster
Kayak Model: Angler 14
VHF Call Sign: none

Nemesis wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 8:40 am I resisted pointing out that the last sign on the ramp says "No Parking on the beach"
What about "in the beach" ?
Yu Co
Fishmaster Angler 14 'yak
Fishing for every thing from Trout to Kingfish
Nemesis
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 15

Marc N wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 3:53 pm What about "in the beach" ?
Oh stop digging!! :D
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.