Stohlquist barnacle gloves ?

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
corsaire
Kayak Make: Feelfree
Kayak Model: Moken 13

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 pm

Hey
Anyone tried those gloves,https://longcloudkayaks.co.nz/Stohlquis ... ayak-Glove
Using for summer only just put my old pair of NRS guide in the bin, witch I found uncomfortable between thumb and index...
Any other suggestion in the $40 range ???
Also looking at those http://www.nzsailing.net/rooster-pro-ra ... 45692.html
Any advice welcome.

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:10 am

Occaionally, guides can have a bad seam sitting on the thumb web. I had a pair like that, and exchanged them with the retailer (unused) no problem.

Have a look at the Gill Deckhand gloves.
I was given a pair out of sympathy by another yakker after they saw the state of my tattered NRS guides (nearly all the neo on the back has UV rotted, but they're my comfy slippers).

I was dubious about the Gills given they're a heavier construction, although having taken them out on a few long distance paddles they're surprisingly good for paddling. Certainly a bit more spine-proof.
With the short fingers, they still have the dexterity for knots etc.

When (when) I finally retire my current guides, I'd use the Gills if I didn't have a spare pair of guides waiting - bought them 18 months ago, and still waiting to get wet :lol:
.................... "Flying Mango".......... [Up for sale, $1400]

Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

corsaire
Kayak Make: Feelfree
Kayak Model: Moken 13

Sat Nov 18, 2017 2:37 pm

Thanks for the advice will buy the gill one, looks very nice , im just a bit worried about sizing im just in between two size.... :?:

• Information