Live bait torpedo

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Andy2014
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Cabo

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi Guys,

Anyone know if these are available in NZ? http://stealthkayaks.co.za/accessories/ ... t-torpedo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Also interested in opinions as to pros and cons of these vs a live bait tank. Obviously a bit of drag when paddling but a lot less hassle than plumbing a tank. Having seen Dave_g land a couple kingis on the weekend with the assistance of one of these I'm keen to sort a live bait solution one way or another.

Andy

FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Fri Feb 05, 2016 5:43 pm

One thing I will say is my next livebait torpedo (I just make one from PVC pipe) will float on its own. Attached to the yak with 2 pieces of string it makes a lot of noise in a bit of wind or swells. My next plan will be one that floats by itself with a single piece to string so it drags somewhere behind the kayak.
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland

STRAY DOG
Kayak Make: OCEAN KAYAK,viking
Kayak Model: PROWLER4.3,4.1 ,pro fish 440
VHF Call Sign: stray dog

Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:05 pm

Andy2014 wrote:Hi Guys,

Anyone know if these are available in NZ? http://stealthkayaks.co.za/accessories/ ... t-torpedo/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; . Also interested in opinions as to pros and cons of these vs a live bait tank. Obviously a bit of drag when paddling but a lot less hassle than plumbing a tank. Having seen Dave_g land a couple kingis on the weekend with the assistance of one of these I'm keen to sort a live bait solution one way or another.

Andy
Hi I have one is great for small KY etc could sell as I not really into live baiting

• Information