Waiheke

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Spoondogcuz
Kayak Make: Skull
Kayak Model: Stealth

Hi all. I'm moving over to waiheke island for a year. Building on pah rd which is the Onetangi end. Still trying to find a place over there if anyone has a heads up about any places available. Also keen to get out on the kayak around there. We see huge boil ups from the cliff top over looking Onetangi bay and I'm just chomping to get out there.
sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

If you ever need company wink wink
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420
Batman
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler Elite

I'm about 100mtrs down Sea View road from where you are building fella.
I regularly wheel my kayak down the road to the beach at the bottom of 4th Avenue and just fish the bay in between 8-15 mtrs.
There's worm and shellfish beds all the way out and its a regular source of decent snapper, good JDs close to the cliffs, horse trevally, gurnard in the colder months and (at the moment) rat to legal kings.
Further out off Thompson's point it can be very good for big kings - there's a video somewhere on this forum of a couple of guys having much fun with them a couple of years ago.
If you want to go further afield, a short drive to sandy or enclosure bays gets you a short paddle out into some great reefy grounds, or go to the Matiatia where the ferry comes in and paddle out into the happiness between Waiheke and Moutihe.
Drop me a PM and let's see if we can connect.
skarramooch
Kayak Model: marauder

what kinda place are you looking for? my in laws have a 3 bed house which they might like to rent out for a while, near the supermaket
Spoondogcuz
Kayak Make: Skull
Kayak Model: Stealth

I will keep an eye out for you batman. Thanks.
I think I found a one bedroom place near the supermarket aswell skarramooch. Thankyou