So, who's getting the new plastic Stealth when they come out?

General Kayak Fishing Discussions
Snap 4T
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Reload

Weight its not to bad Dedant but 4.8m its another story.
I could slide reload to the top of my ute from the tail gate but not with Fusion.
peteatkina
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

kingiFiddler wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:20 am
peteatkina wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 8:17 am mate got a fusion..... now for sale... message me if interested or should be on stealth tribe nz on fb
Why are they selling?
Best answer I got was it doesnt suit him..... sorry not a lot of help but im guessing it was no improvement on his current fleet....
kingiFiddler
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Snap 4T wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 8:39 pm Weight its not to bad Dedant but 4.8m its another story.
I could slide reload to the top of my ute from the tail gate but not with Fusion.
Do you have front racks on the ute, or a towbar? If so, wouldn't be too hard to make up telescopic and pivoting racks to help slide the yak up. Been thinking along these lines for when the time comes.

How are you going with your one? Caught anything that toes you around yet? Had to try and get a tight line around the bow? Does it take long to spin around and follow a fish, especially if that fish is in close and takes a last ditch run behind you.

Did it feel too tippy to start with? Used the livebait well yet? How does the stern mount rudder go in surf?
kingiFiddler

peteatkina wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 am Best answer I got was it doesnt suit him..... sorry not a lot of help but im guessing it was no improvement on his current fleet....
'It doesn't suit me' without detailing why is, shall we say, unfortunate. Nobody expects a kayak to suit everyone and I doubt Stealth are so anal they'd be worried if someone details exactly why they are selling their near new Stealth and keeping their other kayaks.

Too tippy?
Too long?
Too heavy?
Not enough improvement over his Viking/s to bother keeping - which then begs the question what was he expecting and how far short of those expectations did the Stealth fall?

Not stiff enough?

Where does he fish and for what? For all we know it might be he could use a SUP, or paddle out on a longboard with a crate strapped to it, for what he wants to do and it would be as useful for that location and target species as any kayak.

But I'm not buying a plastic Stealth, just a curious tyre-kicker, so I guess we'll never know.
kingiFiddler

Casualtyward wrote: Mon Mar 29, 2021 9:10 amBut I did see this post - maybe a new mentor for you Kingifiddler? Someone out there may have more details (and from a Profish 440 no less)
https://www.nzherald.co.nz/nz/after-a-t ... J7B3BIEVE/

I don't know what the big deal is. I mean, they've been putting stripes on speed bumps for years now :-)
peteatkina

kingiFiddler wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 9:51 am
peteatkina wrote: Tue Mar 30, 2021 6:47 am Best answer I got was it doesnt suit him..... sorry not a lot of help but im guessing it was no improvement on his current fleet....
'It doesn't suit me' without detailing why is, shall we say, unfortunate. Nobody expects a kayak to suit everyone and I doubt Stealth are so anal they'd be worried if someone details exactly why they are selling their near new Stealth and keeping their other kayaks.

Too tippy?
Too long?
Too heavy?
Not enough improvement over his Viking/s to bother keeping - which then begs the question what was he expecting and how far short of those expectations did the Stealth fall?

Not stiff enough?

Where does he fish and for what? For all we know it might be he could use a SUP, or paddle out on a longboard with a crate strapped to it, for what he wants to do and it would be as useful for that location and target species as any kayak.

But I'm not buying a plastic Stealth, just a curious tyre-kicker, so I guess we'll never know.
Only a stab in the dark but Im guessing that his viking fleet covers the bases just as well. Will drag him over rusty fish hooks until he gives more details for you.. Tasman Bay kings :y: :y:
kingiFiddler

Cheers Pete. Would be great if we all get to learn more about what works, what doesn't (if anything), how much benefit, if any, there is going from a Viking to a Stealth and if it that depends on what fish are being chased and what style of fishing is being employed.

But if there is a significant difference in handling (speed, glide, stability, manoeuvrability) then it would be great to learn this too.

If I didn't have pipe-dreams of island hopping, getting wide and chasing bigger critters then I'd be needing to make a call between the reload and fusion so any info, especially from someone who has owned or still owns, both, is pretty valuable info.
FPV127A
Kayak Make: Many mostly Viking
Kayak Model: Oxygen 5.7, Javlin 14, Fusion

He's selling to pay for the new 555 he's ordered 100% on that
peteatkina

FPV127A wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:20 pm He's selling to pay for the new 555 he's ordered 100% on that
I wondered if "he" was floating around this site ;)
FPV127A
Kayak Make: Many mostly Viking
Kayak Model: Oxygen 5.7, Javlin 14, Fusion

peteatkina wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 7:34 am
FPV127A wrote: Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:20 pm He's selling to pay for the new 555 he's ordered 100% on that
I wondered if "he" was floating around this site ;)
In various forms for a very long time :$
kingiFiddler

With plastic yaks in the arsenal already, why did you buy the Fusion? Having owned both, what are the pros and cons compared to a Viking? Did you test paddle a 555 before ordering?