Visitors from other parts of the country

Otago region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
PJay
Kayak Make: Ocean
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.5 x 2

Sun Jan 20, 2013 8:01 pm

Though my son has now finished his Otago degrees, I have a lot of affection for the region, being myself an Otago graduate and having worked in Southland as my first job in my profession.

It would take very little encouragement to get me to take my ute with a kayak on top when travelling down to race bikes in the Burt Munro thing in Southland at the end of the year.

So what can we put together?

Jez
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:26 pm

Well im in invercargill, always keen to get out fishing in any way shape or form. Heading to Wanaka this weekend to chase some trout from the kayak while my mates from Chch go mountain biking.

I also have (well, will have soon) a decent wee pontoon boat (Frewza F14 Dinghy) to provide powered support when kayaking out in the strait, much easier to fish with my wife and kids this way ;)
For all the fishing methods, tips, and tricks out there, the most important is that the hook is wet ...

poodle
Kayak Model: scrambler xt

Mon Jan 21, 2013 1:39 pm

If you stop by Warrington,dunedin..I have lawn you can sleep on and a beach you can fish from,and an estuary you can flounder in. We also have a small free campsite with toilets. It would be great to meet you.
You can't catch a fish from the couch

couda
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Scupper/cabo/sprinter
VHF Call Sign: not registered yet

Wed Jan 23, 2013 7:32 am

You're welcome any time, post when your thinking of heading down and we'll see if we can tee something up.
Couda
Ocean Kayak Sprinter,
Scupper and Cabo

KayakFishingOtago

• Information