3/20 4/20

Tasman/Marlborough region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
peteatkina
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: pf400

Sun Mar 10, 2019 8:27 pm

3/20 Fishermans island.... first solo trip of any length for a couple of years so was kinda excited at what may come. so not a new spot but predawn launch on the sat am. 40 min paddle with a nice offshore and no chop. sunrise before I got there showed I was late.
ff had been pretty quiet on the trip across but headed towards a mates spot x and dropped the pin. Dropped whole squids on strayline and put 3 on ice. cheers bro. good spot. set up some long slow drifts dragging softies and playing with micro jigs. 9am came around too quick so headed back thru the traffic lanes....
Too easy I thought later over a coffee.... a mate was keen for a quick fish before work so.... yup paddled back the following morning...earlier...for less time with more pressure to find fish. time was called before a snapper was landed and only a small gurnard returned. the paddle back was sweet until the last km where i ran out of juice. mate made it to work by 10am and a looong day at the office.

4/20 Fish your feet... previous trip out of kaiteri I picked up a snaps on a baby boss and a larger one on double trouble. today same spot good sign little shimano wonderfall and a nice gurnard. This spot is within the 5knt buoys
Attachments
20190310_072240.jpg
20190217_090435.jpg
20190302_071432.jpg

• Information