Launching the Yak in Napier.

Hawkes Baydiscussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
hermodo
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: 4.1 ultra
VHF Call Sign: -

Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 pm

Well, with the Port having closed the ( Bout Ramp), oh my God ,what a typo in the title of an article!! I left it that way because once I had posted it I couldn't change it ! I'm sensitive to incorrect spelling . Probably my years in the printing industry, but that was a doozy!
Anyway, I have noticed that the remaining launching spots in Napier have come under increased pressure, and people are being forced to park their empty boat trailers in suburban streets near the boat ramp. This will piss all the residents off. All these people have paid a premium property price to live near the sea, and now their parking is compromised? Seriously ?
Not only is the surrounding area coming under pressure, but multiple vehicles are now churning up the soft tidal shingle/mud base putting fizz boats in .
Yesterday I noticed a few fish frames floating in the wash,and there are no toilets anywhere close by. I know how the city council works , I work for the council! and believe me this could take a while to work out. In the meantime please look after our remaining launch spots, take home your rubbish , be considerate, and keep having fun .

Epicskwid
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: ProFish 400 Lite

Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:48 pm

It's a mess at the port. It's all being slowly closed in to make way for the new wharf. I have been launching off breakwater beach by taking the yak down on its wheels through basically an obstacle course. My trailer and car barely fit in the parks out on the road. I launch here whenever the swells too big at other spots, which is quite often. Who knows what they will do with the area. my money is that it'll get shut down
Viking ProFish 400 Lite
Kayak PB's
15.10kg Kingfish - Tangoio Beach
10.20kg Snapper - Tangoio Beach
3.20kg Kahawai - Napier Port
2.70kg Rainbow Trout
2.20kg Blue Cod- Tata Beach Golden Bay
2.15kg Trevally - Taylors Bay Mahia
2.10kg John Dory Taranaki Port
1.40kg Tarakihi - Whangawehi Mahia
1.21kg Gurnard - Tangoio Beach
20kg Thresher Shark- Urenui Beach

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet
VHF Call Sign: Red Dwarf

Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:15 pm

hermodo wrote:
Sat Jan 04, 2020 3:16 pm
Well, with the Port having closed the ( Bout Ramp), oh my God ,what a typo in the title of an article!! I left it that way because once I had posted it I couldn't change it ! I'm sensitive to incorrect spelling . Probably my years in the printing industry, but that was a doozy!
All sorted, you can rest easier now. Not sure how you managed to swap 'u' for 'a' given they're at opposite ends of the keyboard :lol:
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

• Information