Azac Day at Te Awanga

Hawkes Baydiscussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
yak64
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: ZME2628

Wed Apr 25, 2018 4:54 pm

Well an early start intending launching pre sunrise. Not that confident of a great day as had reports of Mr Spiney returning in numbers. However great forecast so not too be missed. Arrived at the launch spot to find a semi critical part of my burley setup missing... so no burley, okay well at least i'm going to be on the water!

With a short paddle and anchor set i dropped my first line and got a hit fairly soon.. didnt feel like a spiney.. :y: but didnt feel like a KY or snapper either.. anice 43cm Trevalley. Then several more hits and some nice panny snapper. Back by 10 on shore and during that time fishing was good.. but would die off and then start again... all good size fish. My fishing mate anchored close by had berley set and was dong his best to keep the small ones away from me. Another memorable moment came for me... when i returned by rod to the holder after landing a fish to find someone had shifted the positon of the holder, which is quite difficult given its an internal factory fitted one :x .... my rod promtly disappeared into the sea with the reel... luckily the tip didit get wet.... retrieved with the help of a leash and now i have something to do one evening soon.

We both returned with good bags... mine was the best for a long time and i think the best ever in the bay... Sometimes things work out better than you plan :y:

All snapper in the 40's.
Attachments
fish bag.jpg
fish bag.jpg (45.49 KiB) Viewed 894 times
fish.jpg
fish.jpg (43.06 KiB) Viewed 894 times

trophyfish
Kayak Model: Prowler Ultra 4.3

Wed Apr 25, 2018 6:47 pm

Great mixed bag there Bruce. Looks like you will be eating fish for a few nights! Sorry was unable to be out there today. Good to see good snapper being landed. :y:

Ocean Kayak Prowler Ultra 4.3

Blazer60
VHF Call Sign: ZMW5911 - Blazer60

Thu Apr 26, 2018 2:02 pm

Great haul.
Blazer60
In between ships ZMW5911
Any Stealths for sale?

RJ
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: ultra 4.7

Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:23 pm

Nice haul :clap: that will keep the family feed for a while

yak64
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: ZME2628

Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:35 am

Thanks guys yes several nice meals for family. ... see you the water maybe next time Rex.., cheers

• Information