Is anyone alive in Hawkes Bay?

Hawkes Baydiscussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
hermodo
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: 4.1 ultra
VHF Call Sign: -

This post is in part an inquiry, in part a trip report, and in part a scalding !
Lets deal with the inquiry side of things first. Who is still kayak fishing in the Bay ? Are you catching anything ,and if so ,what? Do you follow this site?
Are you simply bored with the same 3 people posting articles? The last 13 Hawkes Bay posts have been from 3 people !
In a sport that is reputedly the fastest growing sport in the country, that's dismal ! Its little wonder this site is struggling to survive.
It's well known that Hawkes Bay is somewhat of a desert for fishing, and its open and potentially dangerous, but surely that indicates a need to collaborate. For a while some years ago this did happen,and it wasn't unusual to see up to 10 people on the water in one place .
Last sunday, I rocked out to to the outside green bouey of the shipping channel, and using mussels I had gleaned off the bouey itself I managed to catch 3 snapper, none of them legal ,with the biggest being only 25 cm. All hooked on 5/0 hooks so lip hooked and easy to release, untouched for the most part! Also in the mix were a half dozen large ( 35cm) Jack mackerel. Keepers in my book . i like smoked mackerel , and various other mackerel dishes. Oily fish with a high Omega 3 count ,its good for you, and if it's all you get then at least it justifies going fishing. Catch & cook is my motto.
On the way back home I stopped to chat to another kayak fisherman who wasn't doing any better than me but who turned out to be a dude I biked to school with probably about 40 years ago!
So theres the inquiry, and the trip report, do you sad individuals really need a scalding? Nah , not really , just get in your yak , and tell us about it , go on,however bored you might be ! and if you aren't going out , put your kayak up for sale. I know a couple of people who are looking for good deals, and have asked me whats around.
JohnnyR
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish 400

I think you could write the same post about any area in NZ. I think the simple answer is that not every kayak fisher feels the need to post about their trips.
AndrewRawlingson

Sadly, all forums are dying as people move to Facebook.
Schecter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Agree with AR. Writing trip reports can be tiresome and dreary. Pop a photo or vid on Instagram, youtube or facebook and it's instant gratification.
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.