Mirage Pro Angler 17T

A special section for the Hobie paddlers and peddlers of New Zealand
Snakebite1969
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: Tandem Island

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:16 pm

Hobie leads out the 2015 model updates with a aircraft carrier.

I thought my Tandem island Hull was heavy at 56 kg, this 17 foot beast weighs in at 84 kg plus another 20 kg of accessories (seats and mirage drives etc)

http://www.kayakfishmag.com/news/mirage ... 17-tandem/

Schecter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Wed Jul 16, 2014 9:31 pm

The water looks fairly calm on the video. How do the Hobie kayaks hold up in rough water?
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

THE WATER SHED
Kayak Make: HOBIE
Kayak Model: ADVENTURE ISLAND

Wed Jul 16, 2014 11:07 pm

Give us a call Im more than happy to demo a Hobie in a bit of sea. I think you will be amazed with the form stability in any of the hulls. You never know you may even see the benefit of the mirage drive at the same time.

09 489 6475

470Nitro
Kayak Model: Adventure

Thu Jul 17, 2014 6:37 pm

My Hobie Adventure is just as stable as any of the other similar sized yaks. Go try one of the boats, that mirage drive is awesome!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

DARKE ANGLER
Kayak Model: Hobie Outback Camo

Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:11 pm

Schecter wrote:The water looks fairly calm on the video. How do the Hobie kayaks hold up in rough water?
I was in a lake with 40 knot+ winds with up to 1.5 meter stand-up waves and felt relative safe in the Pro-Angler 14.
Nearly everyone I spoke with said I'd fall out well before the yak itself rolled, and from that experience I believe it.
Really was quite stable, but a whole different motion IMO, and does take a bit of getting used to.
I'd love to take an adventure island for a spin some time soon. :y:
KK, if you read this what did you reckon?
Hobie Out Back 2017

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Sun Aug 24, 2014 11:11 am

Jungl3Jim wrote:
Schecter wrote:The water looks fairly calm on the video. How do the Hobie kayaks hold up in rough water?
I was in a lake with 40 knot+ winds with up to 1.5 meter stand-up waves and felt relative safe in the Pro-Angler 14.
Nearly everyone I spoke with said I'd fall out well before the yak itself rolled, and from that experience I believe it.
Really was quite stable, but a whole different motion IMO, and does take a bit of getting used to.
I'd love to take an adventure island for a spin some time soon. :y:
KK, if you read this what did you reckon?
On the whole very , very stable . That day in Marlo was the worst any of those guys at the Hobie Worlds had ever paddled in . I felt fairly safe but did have a couple of "moments" of concern but would of on any yak I reckon . Best thing to do is take one out on a bad day , you might be surprised .

• Information