New Barracuda Interface

Discussion here that is specific to SiKs and catching/processing fish without (hopefully) joining them...
YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Wed Mar 05, 2014 7:51 pm

awondering wrote:Geesus |( :lol:
I know shame there's no rods involve :P....

YakSolo_333
Kayak Make: Mirage
Kayak Model: 580
VHF Call Sign: ZMF3333

Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:05 pm

Just like the other thread attached here for your reference PS with all respect sometimes you make comments here that are totally biased. When we met last time you said you haven't even Paddled the beachcomber and that you actually think its a bloody good Kayak and just wanted to piss them off. Kayak Greg, who I respect a lot as an all rounder kayaker, has all sorts of kayaks in his garage but he takes beachcomber to paddle from auckland to great barrier so they should be indeed bloody good. He has a breaksea too and he thinks they're the fastest sea kayaks around, that's definitely a non biased honest opinion ;)
http://www.kayakfishingnz.com/forum/vie ... =44&t=5853" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Sent from my XT1032 using Tapatalk
Enjoy every craft that can float, don't have one, have them all

Paddling Perfection BreakSea (Demo) /Prowler 4.7 (x2)/Wahoo fishing Ski/Mirage 580 Expedition/Preception Streamline/Perception Swing /Cobra triple[/center]

https://www.facebook.com/YakSolo
https://www.facebook.com/oceankayakers
https://www.oceankayakers.com

Jason Milne
Kayak Make: Viking Kayaks
Kayak Model: Reload, GT, 400

Wed Mar 05, 2014 8:15 pm

ship wrote:Yeah I hear ya mike and like I said Jason milne has got my respect with the brands he promotes and himself :) Problem being my first sentence possibly was a bit strong towards making the desired point even though he is paid employee of them.
Ship, maybe I know you maybe I don't..regardless thanks for your comments and you have every right.. I have never hidden my commercial affiliation and go to great lengths to stay out of forum content wherever poss, regardless if my input could be useful I will always be perceived by someone as pushing a barrow... I was passionate about the industry before it became part of my income so that is always my first motivation, my commercial involvement just makes it an interesting juggling act when in front of those that cant see past it.

This dialogue is one I could not stay away from as this was more about seeing Gary (aka Paddlesnap) cherry picking facts, making up facts & using assumption to base an attack (sorry make pointed opinion) towards a brand that this Gary clearly has a dislike for Barracuda products or ethics or whatever?, to which he is allowed his opinion as equally have I to defend it when I know that this is dribble is not factual (this is not the first time he has voiced his dislike for the brand to which I have remained out of)..Gary has drawn reference to a situation with Collin's kayak, a respected member of the club Gary is a member of, which had a glue failure in the seam, a situation that he either does not know the full facts of or has chosen to leave that out...

My eyes are wide open coming into this dialogue and I made a conscious decision to engage because this is not as much about defending a brand, as I have little to gain financially from sticking my 2c in here as I seldom do work for Barracuda, but more about knowing the facts and supporting a friend ... Barracuda has no other voice on this forum and like every other brand deserves some defence in cases like this...(and frankly I like the kayaks he makes for many different reason, the big one being I enjoy paddling them.)

Fact- this is a prototype of a kayak that is targeted at smaller framed paddlers max weight of 70-75kgs no gear... that photo Gary has chosen to share out of the many other images in the album was of Gordon who is 97kgs..I will share more images below with other paddlers in it. These test paddles have been about testing the hull, the deck is just the Safari sea kayak deck slapped in as he has not finished the production deck. The kayak will be available in high and low volume, all test are being done in the low volume version at present as that is the largest market that has requested this design from Barracuda and most will paddle it with no gear as a day tripper or faster cruising kayak, this is a very different kayak to the Beachcomber...but as I said this is not a sales pitch and if I was going to do one on this kayak it would not be here as a kayak fishing forum is not the target market for this kayak... other forums the Gary is involved in are more relevant but I will leave that to Gordon to do as that's his Kungfu not mine
Attachments
1661222_780055235357070_1869058491_n.jpg
1794679_780055282023732_1538822101_n.jpg
1902937_780058608690066_71872313_n.jpg
1897824_780055108690416_1759039420_n.jpg
1902937_780058608690066_71872313_n.jpg
Jason
jason@paddleguy.com
http://www.paddleguy.com
[http://www.youtube.com/user/paddleguyjas]
brands commercially associated with include Viking Kayaks, Railblaza & C-Tug

Jason Milne
Kayak Make: Viking Kayaks
Kayak Model: Reload, GT, 400

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:20 pm

forgot to ad this cool footage of the cnc router at Oracle shaping up the hull, never seen one of this size do its thing before ,,

Jason
jason@paddleguy.com
http://www.paddleguy.com
[http://www.youtube.com/user/paddleguyjas]
brands commercially associated with include Viking Kayaks, Railblaza & C-Tug

MUNTID
Kayak Make: Pinnacle
Kayak Model: Elite
VHF Call Sign: MUNTID

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:24 pm

Jason Milne wrote:forgot to ad this cool footage of the cnc router at Oracle shaping up the hull, never seen one of this size do its thing before ,,

That was kool :y:
Pinnacle kayak's NZ
Northland proud Synit rod bender and Accurate reel screamer...
Huge thank's to our sponsor's...

Jeff666
Kayak Make: Ocean kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 4.3

Wed Mar 05, 2014 9:35 pm

Best thread for a long time. Good midweek laugh. Should have a threads hall of fame and move this into it. Ps must finish work soon can't wait. Like waiting for Game of Thrones to start again. :lol: :lol: :o: 5
Old Town Predator 13
On the way The Old Town Predator PDL

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:48 am

ship wrote: YES THIS IS FARKIN HILARIOUS!!
You have cash hanging out of ya back pocket from viking and barracuda doing reports on other brand kayaks that are not favourable and nobodys complained including me because after all its your opinion and people know and respect you,BUT ya cant handle paddlesnap having an opinion and even get a bit smart about it HMMM. Lets start nailing people for lies and changing stories to fit there own agenda but please allow people to have own opinions if polite or else whats the bloody point of the site. With still the greatest respect to you and viking who make a damn fine yak just my opinion anyway
Mate, if you're talking about his Pinnacle review, you're WAY out of line! He did that review as a PERSONAL favour for me. It was my kayak at the time, which I asked him to review, which we discussed for some time (including with MUNTID) before he posted it. I agreed with everything thing he said in the review, and even thought he was being quite generous in a few points. To the point where some of the Pinnacle guys in SA where sharing it on FB.

To take it a little further, and to make it absolutely clear, there is not a SINGLE point in that review where I thought Jason 'got it wrong', or even tended with a bias, as you put, 'not favourable'. I have the upmost respect for Jas and his reviews and this review only strengthened that opinion. :y:
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

G1
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish

Thu Mar 06, 2014 8:56 am

Is that the pinnacle with a stronger hull than the stealth? :lol: ;)

awondering
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:16 am

G1 wrote:Is that the pinnacle with a stronger hull than the stealth? :lol: ;)
might of been faster George ? or was it more stable ?

G1

Thu Mar 06, 2014 11:59 am

awondering wrote:
might of been faster George ? or was it more stable ?
Not sure Kev....But I know one was definatley better than the other :tmi:

ship
Kayak Make: STEALTH
Kayak Model: EVO 465

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:16 pm

Na mate not out of line please reread both our posts.I fully appreciate you asking him to do the review and with me filling his shoes the offer would have been declined.The word favourable
favourable to whom? as with most things in life not all agree.

Using MadMike as an example how would you or he feel about XYZ sports reviewing his gear online while then pushing there own brands of yaks rods reels etc madmike could and would get shitty an rightly so
STEALTH EVOLUTION 465[/co

sk8e8
Kayak Make: Extreme
Kayak Model: Game King

Thu Mar 06, 2014 5:26 pm

ship wrote:Na mate not out of line please reread both our posts.I fully appreciate you asking him to do the review and with me filling his shoes the offer would have been declined.The word favourable

Using MadMike as an example how would you or he feel about XYZ sports reviewing his gear online while then pushing there own brands of yaks rods reels etc madmike could and would get shitty an rightly so
I don't quite get what you're saying. Are you saying he purposely did a negative review because he has a bias towards other brands?
And I wouldn't ask you to do a review, because you don't have a history of writing good honest reviews on products that you have no affiliation to. Jason does. He's done plenty of kayak reviews, including several for people here (Rusty's one for example).
Jigheads Paddling and Fishing Team Member
http://www.facebook.com/Jigheadspaddlingandfishing

Yak PBs. Snapper: 18lb 12oz @ Cuvier * John Dory: 4lb 6oz @ Cuvier * Kingfish: 10kg @ Mayor Island * Blue Nose: 22.7kg @ White Island * Hapuka: 8kg @ White Island * Skipjack Tuna: 5lb @ Auckland

Extreme 605
Yamaha FXHO * Viking Profish 400 * Pinnacle Elite * Viking Profish 440 * Mission Catch 420

ship
Kayak Make: STEALTH
Kayak Model: EVO 465

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:18 pm

sk8e8 wrote:
ship wrote:Na mate not out of line please reread both our posts.I fully appreciate you asking him to do the review and with me filling his shoes the offer would have been declined.The word favourable

I don't quite get what you're saying. Are you saying he purposely did a negative review because he has a bias towards other brands?
And I wouldn't ask you to do a review, because you don't have a history of writing good honest reviews on products that you have no affiliation to. Jason does. He's done plenty of kayak reviews, including several for people here (Rusty's one for example).
No you possibly dont get it best to let paddlesnap and him sort it out now cheers
STEALTH EVOLUTION 465[/co

YakFisho Snapps

Thu Mar 06, 2014 6:46 pm

Na it's another Tui add something along the lines of ( YEAH RIGHT) :P :lol:....

G1

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:30 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:
Anyway winch informs me that Kazkazi are the strongest of the lot anyway :y:

Winch
Kayak Make: Kaskazi
Kayak Model: Dorado 2
VHF Call Sign: help

Thu Mar 06, 2014 9:38 pm

G1 wrote:
YakFisho Snapps wrote:
Anyway winch informs me that Kazkazi are the strongest of the lot anyway :y:

When ??

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Mar 08, 2014 6:11 pm

All jokes aside Chief's Winch and G1 :lol:, can't wait to take the new Barracuda Sot Fisha for a spin when it arrives :rock:....

Winch
Kayak Make: Kaskazi
Kayak Model: Dorado 2
VHF Call Sign: help

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:13 pm

YakFisho Snapps wrote:All jokes aside Chief's Winch and G1 :lol:, can't wait to take the new Barracuda Sot Fisha for a spin when it arrives :rock:....

Yeah I think thermo forming is the way forward and barracuda are the guys for the job :y:

YakFisho Snapps

Sat Mar 08, 2014 8:28 pm

Winch wrote:
YakFisho Snapps wrote:All jokes aside Chief's Winch and G1 :lol:, can't wait to take the new Barracuda Sot Fisha for a spin when it arrives :rock:....

Yeah I think thermo forming is the way forward and barracuda are the guys for the job :y:
Light as too boot :y:......

JayD

Tue Mar 11, 2014 2:30 pm

Interesting read :P

• Information