Evening fish this Friday, Manu Bay

Waikato region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
Smitty
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish

Wed Nov 21, 2012 12:31 pm

I haven't told my boss yet but my plan is to get away from work early and all going well I reckon I will be at the boat ramp at about 5.30pm and should be enough light to fish through to about 8.30pm. I haven't done an evening fish at Manu Bay before so would be good to give it a go. Let me know if anyone else is keen.

Swell map at the moment shows gusts at around 15 knots so may need to keep close to the coast.

Goin' Deep
Kayak Model: Profish 400 Lite

Wed Nov 21, 2012 2:35 pm

I am thinking along the same lines Smitty, been keeping an eye on forcast.
I'll be hoping to get there by 1630 hrs, and won't be headed far off. First time in close for me, normally been out further in Fizz Boats.

Those of you that Twit and fish Raglan, check out: https://twitter.com/raglankitesurf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I joined Twitter specifically for this. Mate runs in, it is logged in real time off the heads at the bar

Fixer of stuff Miners break.
There's no such thing as a Free Lunch; So steal the fat kid's, he doesn't need it anyway...
ProFish 400 Lite

charlie
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: 2010 Outback
VHF Call Sign: none

Wed Nov 21, 2012 5:16 pm

Good luck guys - you shouldn't have to go too far, just don't forget your burley! Daughters coming up from Wellington Friday night so I'd better stay home :angel:
Profish 400 Lite
There is nothing - absolutely nothing - half so much worth doing as simply messing around in kayaks.
with apologies to Kenneth Grahame

Smitty

Thu Nov 22, 2012 1:05 pm

Cheers Goin Deep, will see you out there, the wind forecast seems to be improving so all good.

love 2 fish
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: 400, reload

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:29 pm

i managed to get time off work and now going on a charter boat out Kawhia, good luck and will try and make it next time
apart of the WAIKATO KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Goin' Deep

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:43 pm

On Clansman/Dove or Crazy Horse Love2?

There's no such thing as a Free Lunch; So steal the fat kid's, he doesn't need it anyway...
ProFish 400 Lite

love 2 fish
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: 400, reload

Thu Nov 22, 2012 8:56 pm

not sure, i know i need to wear a hat as it doesent have a canope or hard top and theres 8 of us fishing so dont think its a over big boat, guess u can tell me?
apart of the WAIKATO KAYAK FISHING CLUB

Goin' Deep

Thu Nov 22, 2012 9:30 pm

Sounds like could be Crazy Horse. Have fished on both.
Let us know how ya get on.

ProFish 400 Lite

Smitty

Mon Nov 26, 2012 12:28 pm

I made it out Friday night, bit of swell but the wind was actually pretty good in the bay, hearing a few boaties talk it sounded it was a nasty further out. I got the set line down around 6pm and I fished relatively close by until about 8pm to start hauling in the set line. On the rod I managed 3 gurnard and a kawhai. The set line had a another kawahi (which managed to tangle it nicely), a trevally, a panny snapper, and 5 gurnard. A dozen fish all up so very good for what was a couple of hours (thanks mostly to the set line), I definately enjoyed fishing the evening and there seemed to be more fish activity so will try and do that again.

• Information