Wheeleez Kayak Trolley

In this section you will find reviews, of kayaks, accessories, fishing tackle, and more. All reviews are written by our members. If you have a favorite piece of equipment, write up a review and let others know what you think.
dedant
Kayak Make: Hobie
Kayak Model: Outback 2019
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

kinghong1970 wrote:hehehe

ya know, i have a build log here too!
That is cool, cheers. Filing it away for a future project. :)

Glass is Class.. dedant
FatherOfMany
Kayak Make: Old Town
Kayak Model: Predator XL Petrol
VHF Call Sign: ZMW9858

Snap4T made something very similar to Flowrider's for me and I love it, especially with the heavyweight Predator XL on it.
My wheels are a bit closer together than flowrider's though, makes it easier to transport.
Definitely worth it for me.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk
----------------------------------------------------
Old Town Predator XL
OK Tetra 12
Old Town Predator 13
OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #1, OK Prowler Elite 4.5 #2

PB: Snapper=66cm, J.D.=39cm, Gurnard=38cm

VHF Callsign: ZMW 9858

Kayak Fishing Auckland
dedant

Just add a further conversation. Now I have a lighter kayak ( the Kraken was a great fishing machine but heavy ) and I the C-Tug I had went with it. Is the smaller wheel Wheeleez cart ( $200ish) that much better or do I keep saving and go for the standard one at around $300?

Glass is Class.. dedant
Schecter
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

dedant wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 am Just add a further conversation. Now I have a lighter kayak ( the Kraken was a great fishing machine but heavy ) and I the C-Tug I had went with it. Is the smaller wheel Wheeleez cart ( $200ish) that much better or do I keep saving and go for the standard one at around $300?
I have the Wheeleez with the 30cm polyurethane wheels. I bought it second hand for under $300. If you want to give it a test run I can lend it to ya for the weekend.
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.
dedant

Schecter wrote: Sun Jan 21, 2018 7:21 pm
dedant wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2018 6:57 am Just add a further conversation. Now I have a lighter kayak ( the Kraken was a great fishing machine but heavy ) and I the C-Tug I had went with it. Is the smaller wheel Wheeleez cart ( $200ish) that much better or do I keep saving and go for the standard one at around $300?
I have the Wheeleez with the 30cm polyurethane wheels. I bought it second hand for under $300. If you want to give it a test run I can lend it to ya for the weekend.
I ended up getting aWheeleez Kayak Kart Mini, it is fantastic! The Stealth is so light and the bottom is flat so it works out perfectly. I can even store the whole thing below the deck too. 8)

Glass is Class.. dedant
Hainesy
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Is this one of, the longest running post threads on the Forum ?...... :D :D :D .... been going for over 7 years now..!

Just to give you an update, the original Wheelez trolley that I originally posted is still going strong.... well... at least it was the last time I used it !
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Nemesis
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Trident 15

Just breathing life again into this post....
I'm thinking of pulling the trigger on a set of wheelez, but just have a couple of questions.
I have switched to an OK Trident 15, which weighs plenty plus some, the C-Tug is fine on firm smooth surfaces, but anything soft, or rough and it's more than a small challenge.
Last Sunday came into Kaiaua at low tide, and those lovely baby head rocks made the C-Tug all but unusable.
In reading through here, and having a search online, it looks like the Wheelez will do the trick.
So....
Will the Kayak Cart Mini be up to the task? And if not, does anyone know if the wheels of the Kayak Cart will fit in the front hatch of the OK?
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.
Hainesy
Kayak Model: Reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 2196

Good to see this thread “rolling along” still....

Sorry but can’t comment other than to say that I used / use the wheelez on a Viking 440 loaded up with all manner of stuff, including a boot full of fish... nowadays..when it’s used, it sits under a Reload
"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Ocean Kayak Trident 4.3
Phoenix Hornet - "Retired"
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196