View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2
Shimano Lucanus 

Post Re: Shimano Lucanus
Thanks everyone for the reply!
In term of weight is 60g sounds right for that depth? I'm usually fishing around army bay

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fri May 05, 2017 8:27 am

Lucanus do catch fish for sure. Check out Destin's trip reports. 60g sounds about right if it's going to sit in a rod holder in shallowish water. I was always too tight to buy Lucanus, so went with Crazy Charlie and they caught plenty of fish. Anway, thought it was all about sliders/kaburas now? Not that it matters, snapper will have a go at any old crap, these things are designed to catch us anglers :D

Fri May 05, 2017 8:52 am

I've caught my 2 biggest snapper the with the lucanus. They seem to work well in the BOP, but I haven't had any luck with them anywhere else.

Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

Sat May 06, 2017 7:54 am

As effective as rod holder fishing ( micro jigs , kubura and soft baits have all done as well for me in roddy) the lucanus works best when actively worked just like a kubura/slider. Soft tip, med action rod dropped down , slow winds up off the bottom, drop back down, etc, If the sign on the FF is up off the bottom then a controlled drop ( OH reel is good) can produce.

Jackson KRAKEN dedant

Sat May 06, 2017 8:46 am

Always remember an awesome trip over to the Barrier with some hard core stink bait fishos that included a couple of NZ Fishing News writers....
Anyway I'm on the softies and they're all on the cut baits and I'm taking a fair amount of grief...
I dragged out a Lucanus.... can't remember the depth but it was fairly deep.... 40m ?.. and we were drifting quite quick, so I tied on the Lucanus, then off the second eye I ran another 4-5 m of mono and a big sinker...
Dropped the big sinker over, and that took th Lucanus straight to the bottom, I then just slowly wound the Lucanus off the bottom and just raised and lowered it using the big sinker to keep in contact with the bottom!

Cleaned up big time !.... out fished the other 4 on the boat combined !.... funny as all hell....

"The trouble with common sense is that it's not too common !"

Viking ReLoad
Phoenix Hornet
Ocean Kayak Ultra 4.3 - "Retired"
Viking Profish 440 - "Retired"
Scrambler XT - "Retired"

ZMW 2196

Sat May 06, 2017 9:25 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Tue May 23, 2017 8:49 pm