The biggest fish you've hooked and lost?

Find and take part in our weekly poll, find out how others are doing it, what the are doing it with, how often they are doing it etc. Also suggest your own polls in here and we'll get them posted

The biggest fish you've hooked and lost?

Poll ended at Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:52 am

5lb - 10lb
9%
10 - 20lb
25%
20 - 30lb
31%
30 - 50lb
22%
50 - 70lb
3%
70 - 100lb
3%
100lb+
6%

Total votes: 32
salty
Kayak Make: ocean
Kayak Model: prowler 13

Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:36 pm

All this talk of of losing fish... thats it, from now on I'm not leaving home without my gaff. Although that wouldn't have stopped the 20kg kingie (skipper's estimate) that strightened my swivel clip last December. From a kayak I'm yet to feel the pain of losing a real trophy.

Kingfish killer
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Ultra Prowler 4.3
VHF Call Sign: kingfish killer

Sat Jul 16, 2011 4:05 pm

salty wrote:All this talk of of losing fish... thats it, from now on I'm not leaving home without my gaff. Although that wouldn't have stopped the 20kg kingie (skipper's estimate) that strightened my swivel clip last December. From a kayak I'm yet to feel the pain of losing a real trophy.
If you can gaff it , i guarantee the gaff will stop it ! It may thrash around for a while but it definatley wont survive the battle :lol:

YakFisho Snapps
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Evolution 495,BFS..
VHF Call Sign: Yakfisho Snapps

Sat Jul 16, 2011 7:32 pm

i agree kk :y:..

Pawprints

Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:26 am

Was in the Hawkesbury river NSW,fishing for bream on ultralight gear with lures.
Was fishing the edges of a well known Jewie hole I'd never seen a Jew fish pulled out of,an my 2-4kg rod just about bent in half as something slamed the lure.
I was sitting in a Sevlour inflatable an got slowly towed all over the place for the best part of an hour.
Was expecting either the line or the rod to let go but they both held on until a big slab of silver Jew fish came to the surface,,,took a good look at the boat then just rolled over real lazy like an blasted back to the bottem.
The light wheight lure hook let go an that was that,,,,the fish was well over a meter long,,estimated about 20kg.
Caught plenty of other Jew fish over the following 5 years,but nothing like the size of that one ;(

• Information