kirita bay

For discussing everything that isn't kayak fishing...
SitDown
Kayak Make: floating yak

Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:28 pm

Any motorhomers here ?

Me & the Mrs headed over to Kirita bay for the long weekend, just a bit further around past wilsons bay between thames & coro.
Its a favourite place of mine, I use 2 stray line outfits of 4kg mono (abu 6500) for the snaps, plus we can have our 2 dogs there as well

One of the farmers there lets out motorhome club members stay on his beach front for a small cost per night, stayed there 4 nights 5 days, finally got the inflatable out... since easter last year.
Went out a couple times, nothing much in size, up to 4lb (47cm) lots of pannies 33 - 40 plus a heap of borderline to under size, for the first 2 days, wind was from SW with a very short chop coming in breaking on the top of the chop, definitely would not have had my reload out there if I had it with me
Sliders were not working for me this time, softbait got the biggest snap of 47cm coconut ice curley tail in 3m of water
2nd to last day I fished the mussel farm to the east of the kirita bay way before dead mans point, all snaps caught on pillies. Was fishing in 13m water tied off to one of the ropes on the farm itself, burley in, fish almost straight away all around the 40cm size.
Bloody hard case, one rod went off just as I had finished baiting up the other rod, so I left the baited rod on the deck of the inflatable, with the bait sitting on the surface, I went to pick up the other rod that had a fish on it, as I was doing that I saw the baited rod start moving away from where I had it, heading over the side... other rod back in the holder & baited rod had a snap on it, the snap came up from 13m, you could see others tailing it on the surface.... Ive never seen that before in that depth of water. Anyways, kept those snaps, all around the 40cm size
The fishing was average for me this time up there, but nice to get away in our motorhome. Kept 2 fish per outing & took 7 home for the 5 days away, plenty enough for us
There were 9 motorhomes there, 8 had boats & one with a 440 viking yak

JUMBOZ
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: reload
VHF Call Sign: ZMW6161

Sat Feb 02, 2019 4:39 pm

Do you have to ring before you go ?also nzmca members

awondering
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Viking PF400 Custom Black
VHF Call Sign: ZMT8884

Sun Feb 03, 2019 8:59 am