EBOP Kayak Fishing Tournament
4th May 2018
5:00am - 3:00pm
NB, Briefing Friday 3rd May 7pm - Taking registrations from 5.45pm.
Boundaries: Bowen Town Entrance to Cape Runaway
Fantastic Category prizes and drawn prizes
Major Draw Prize: Viking Reload Kayak package
Or $1000.00 Viking Voucher’s *
* Conditions apply
Snapper: 1st prize $600 Product including GME VHF Radio
2nd to 10th plus Average Weight Prizes
SPONSORED BY Harbour View Electrical
Teams Snapper, 1st $600 Vouchers SPONSORED BY Eastbay Builders
Kahawai: 1st prize $400 Product 2nd and 3rd prizes
SPONSORED BY WHAKATANE HUNTING AND FISHING
Kingfish: 1st and 2nd prize
SPONSORED BY Viking Kayaks
Trevally: 1st and 2nd prize
SPONSORED BY OPOTIKI BAIT AND TACKLE
Gurnard: 1st and 2nd prize
SPONSORED BY Whakatane Hunting and Fishing
Grand Slam Prize and Overall Average weight
SPONSORED BY OARIKI COASTAL COTTAGE AND GME
EBOP Kayak Fishing Club Kayak Fishing Tournament Rules
1. This event is open to human or sail assisted kayaks only. Any other type of watercraft or propulsion is prohibited, No ferrying of kayaks by other boats is permitted
2. Only Rods and Hand lines may be used. Only two hooks per rod or hand line, treble hooks only on artificial lures.
3. All fish must be caught on the water from a kayak and transported to shore by kayak.
4. The Tournament boundaries are to the East of Bowen Town Entrance and West of Cape Runaway including Tauranga Harbour and Ohiwa Harbour. All fishing must be done within the coastline of these boundaries only.
5. Tournament Registration will be from 5:45pm and safety briefing will be at 7:00pm on Friday the 3th of May at the Whakatane Sport Fishing Club. All contestants must attend the Safety Briefing.
6. Fishing will be from 5:00am until 3:00pm on Saturday 4th of May 2019.
7. Weigh-in will open at 1:00pm in the car-park of the Yacht Club opposite the Warehouse and any angler not in the weigh-in line by 4:30pm will not have their fish weighed for the tournament. ALL ENTRANTS to report in at weight station.
8. Fish not deemed to be in good fresh condition will be rejected from weighing by Weigh Master. (Weigh-masters decision final)
9. No angler shall weigh in more than two fish per species, all fish must comply with NZ Amateur Fishing Regulations, plus tournament limits and NO under size fish will be accepted. Tournament minimum size limits are Snapper 350mm, Kingfish 770mm and all others 300mm.
10. Fishing Categories.
Eligible Species are as follows; Snapper 350mm to 600mm: 1st place $600 Product including GME VHF Radio
2nd $400 Product, 3rd $300 Product, 4th $200 product, 5th $100 Product, 6th to 10th $50 Product
Average weight snapper. Full Members heaviest Snapper
Snapper over 600 mm must be videoed and release: 1st ROB FORT Product pack
• Kahawai: 1st place $300 Product, 2nd $200 Product, 3rd $100 Product,
• Kingfish, Trevally and Gurnard 1st $250 Product, 2nd $100 Product
• Tuna, Terakihi, Blue Cod and John Dory 1st $100 Product
• Grand Slam: This will be awarded to the angler who weighs in the most of the 9 eligible species; combined weight will be the final determining factor. Anglers will be able to weigh in one Kingfish and two of each of the other eligible species.
• Average weight for all fish caught: GME VHF Radio
• Snapper teams $600 of Vouchers
• This is for teams of 2 to 4 anglers entered in the main tournament and entered as a team.
• Total weight of 4 snapper weighed in by the team by any of the team members but no more than 2 snapper per angler.
• Team Entry is $20 per team and is payable by the Team Captain on the main entry form
• Junior anglers prize Draw, PHOENIX Phantom kayak package, valued at $599
11. If two or more fish are of equal weight are weighed in then the first fish weighed will be deemed to be the heaviest.
12. In the event of prizes not being awarded for any reason, they will be drawn. All prizes must be won; there will be no cancellation of this event.
13. All matters on which these rules are silent shall be determined at the discretion of the Organizing Committee.
14. The purchasing of an entry in the EBOP Kayak fishing Club Kayak fishing tournament constitutes acceptance of the rules and regulations of the contest and participants agree to abide by the decision of the Organizing Committee and agree to take part in the event at their own risk. No Correspondence will be entered into.
15. Entry Fee is $40 if entered by 29th of March 2019. Late entry is $50 up until 6:30pm Friday 3rd of May.
16. Entry includes Day membership to EBOPKFC, but not eligible for full members only snapper prize.
17. EBOP Kayak Fishing Club member’s entry is $30 by 29th of March 2019. Late entry for club members is $50 up until 6:30pm Friday 3rd of May. Membership must be paid by 29th of March 2019.
18. Early Bird Prize: $500 Travel Voucher from Hello World Whakatane Early Bird Prize will be drawn from all entries received by 29th of March 2019 and will be drawn at the safety meeting.
19. For Early Bird and all drawn prizes, the contestant must be present at the prize draw to be awarded the prize. Early Bird Prize will be drawn at the briefing Friday 3rd of May
20. EBOPKFC have the right to alter fishing boundaries.
1. Solo fishing is discouraged. Contestants are advised to buddy up.
2. Everyone will be required to place their launching site on the map at the Safety Briefing.
3. At least one form of electronic communication (cell phone or VHF radio) is to be carried by each angler or group of anglers. These must be listed on your entry form. VHF channels to be utilized for the contest will be advised at the safety briefing.
4. It shall be the CONTESTANT’S responsibility to determine if the conditions at their launching and fishing locations are safe for their personal abilities and kayak.
5. All contestants shall be required to confirm and sign at the registration that they have the following mandatory safety equipment in order to be eligible to fish the contest.
Mandatory Requirements for each Entrant.
· Approved PFD/Life Jacket to be worn at all times on the water.
· Communications (Cell phone or VHF) Distress Whistle attached to PFD
· Tow line or anchor rope.
· Sit-in kayaks require hand bailer, paddle rescue float and sealed bulkheads or buoyancy bags bow and stern.
· White Navigation light if going out before Daylight.
Note: These rules may be revised as deemed necessary by the organizing Committee.
Contestants will be duly notified of any changes at safety briefing.
Viking Kayaks - Viking Relaod Kayak Package or * $1000.00 Viking Voucher’s *(conditions apply)
Harbour View Electrical ltd- Cash and Product.
Eastbay Builders- Teams Snapper, ($600 of vouchers)
Whakatane Hunting and Fishing - Product
White Island Tours - White Island on board Pee-Jay White Island Tours (FULL MEMBERS ONLY)
Sea Marine WHK - Product GME VHF Radio’s
Oariki Coastal Cottage, Maraenui - Two nights for up to four people at Oariki Coastal Cottage.
Opotiki Bait and Tackle - Gift Voucher & Product
Iceman Whakatane -Product
Whakatane Great Outdoors -, Kayaking and outdoor gear.
NZ Bayfisher Magazine - Magazine subscriptions and Advertising
Whakatane-Ohope Community board - Advertising.
Radio 1XX – Advertising
Fishing & More - Product
NZ Kayak Fishing, YAK Fish Productions Ltd and Rob Fort series, Product
CHOMP Fishing Products Ltd
The Fresh Market - Fruit Baskets
Helloworld Whakatane; $500Travel Voucher. Early bird draw
GME; VHF Radio
PHOENIX KAYAKS, Phantom kayak package
John Foster Building and Tiling, Cash
KayakFishing.NZ, your kayak Fishing Forum
Catch, Fishing Gear
Bella Design, Signage
Enquires to: Bryan on 0274 363954, Jeff on 021 228 6051 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Entry form https://form.jotform.co/90067657825870