COROMANDEL KAYAK FISHING COMPETITION & SOCIAL GET TOGETHER November 2016

The place to post information about fishing competitions and events, both kayak only and general fishing.
Aldog
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: P440

Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:17 pm

Bed available in Rental house in Papa Aroha for Rob Forts get together weekend - Fri 4th & Sat 5th November $50 each night.
Nice and comfortable house with views located on hill above Papa Aroha Campground. Is a book a bach house so will need to help with clean up on Sunday. Sharing with 2 others from Waikato. PM if interested

bobcat9
Kayak Make: Prowler 4.1
Kayak Model: ultra4,1
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 6538

Thu Oct 27, 2016 7:54 pm

Cabin available in the campground- check out general topics for details
cheers
Rob

maccayakka
Kayak Model: Profish 400
VHF Call Sign: MaccaYakka

Fri Oct 28, 2016 8:20 am

Hi all, well i have check the long range forcast and i know it is still "crystal ball" stuff....but from what i can see there is a chance of a westerly wind. I am coming up with my family who are also fishing the tournament, youngest is 12, just wondering where they would be some shelter spots to fish...not wanting anyones secret spot X. But just somewhere where it would be a little shelter for the complete novices....

Thanks
Profish 400

Cobra Snapper - retired to my son

Kayak Adventures
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: To many models to name
VHF Call Sign: ZMS6165

Fri Oct 28, 2016 12:42 pm

bobcat9 wrote:Cabin available in the campground- check out general topics for details
cheers
Rob
Real shame to not have you at this event Rob you will be missed and now I have to get rd of the category for the elderly :lol:
maccayakka wrote:Hi all, well i have check the long range forcast and i know it is still "crystal ball" stuff....but from what i can see there is a chance of a westerly wind. I am coming up with my family who are also fishing the tournament, youngest is 12, just wondering where they would be some shelter spots to fish...not wanting anyones secret spot X. But just somewhere where it would be a little shelter for the complete novices....

Thanks
Its a bit far out to be taking anything from the current forecast and that call would be better a few days prior. We will have a full briefing on the Friday night where the weather will be the hot topic and ofcourse this will follow will some suggestions for sheltered places to fish.

We have had a huge response this year with over 140 kayak anglers registered plus another 20 along with them so its going to be epic and our biggest yet.

We have some awesome prizes this year and we will share these with you during the coming days.
All the best from the team

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coromande ... 33?sk=wall

Stockists of the worlds best brands! Fishing Kayaks, Accessories, Watersport Clothing, Spearfishing Gear and Fishing Tackle

maccayakka

Fri Oct 28, 2016 1:01 pm

Thanks Janet/Rob, looking forward to it :y: :)
Profish 400

bobcat9
Kayak Make: Prowler 4.1
Kayak Model: ultra4,1
VHF Call Sign: ZMT 6538

Fri Oct 28, 2016 5:43 pm

Hi Rob
Yeah really disappointed but need to rehab the back for the summer- plan to have a few days in Colville before Christmas so will catch up then interested- in those new sunglasses you mentioned.
Have a great time in the weekend.

P.S-- Not to sure about the elderly stuff- maybe Senior is kinder :lol:
cheers
Rob

dedant
Kayak Make: Jackson Kayaks
Kayak Model: Kraken
VHF Call Sign: ZMU5052

Sat Oct 29, 2016 3:38 pm

I have registered on line and going to stay in a local book a bach . With some regret I can no longer attend, can you please take me off the list of attendees , Rob or Janet? Thanks.

Jackson KRAKEN dedant

Schecter
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Sat Oct 29, 2016 6:35 pm

Is anyone attending the event without entering the fishing comp? Unfortunately I missed reading the fine print and didn't register in time. :doh:
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

keentofish
Kayak Model: Reload, 2+1

Sun Oct 30, 2016 10:52 am

Schecter wrote:Is anyone attending the event without entering the fishing comp? Unfortunately I missed reading the fine print and didn't register in time. :doh:
Hey schecter, I just registered for the comp now after getting permission from the boss, but I did register to be a club member last year but didn't end up going so hopefully that means I'm eligible for the comp???

I'm sure Rob Fort would let you in, after all it's a fun social event right?

Anyways, will just pitch a tent or sleep in car! Haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Schecter
Kayak Model: Profish EVO IV
VHF Call Sign: ZMW8098

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:10 pm

keentofish wrote:
Schecter wrote:Is anyone attending the event without entering the fishing comp? Unfortunately I missed reading the fine print and didn't register in time. :doh:
Hey schecter, I just registered for the comp now after getting permission from the boss, but I did register to be a club member last year but didn't end up going so hopefully that means I'm eligible for the comp???

I'm sure Rob Fort would let you in, after all it's a fun social event right?

Anyways, will just pitch a tent or sleep in car! Haha

Won't feel the same though. I’m going feel like the wedding guest that has an invite to the wedding, but won’t be allowed to catch the bride’s bouquet. But on a positive, it’ll be good to fish a new location and drink some piss. :y:
Viking Tempo
Viking Profish 440

PB: Snapper=79cm. Rogers Road, 26/10/14

PB: Gurnard=34cm. Orere Point, 17/06/15

PB: Kingfish=75cm. Omaio, 13/02/16

Manurewa Marlins RLFC. The Home of Joe Galuvao, Henry Fa'afili, Greg Eastwood, Daniel O'Regan, Jesse Bromwich,
Kenny Bromwich, Peter Hiku, Ligi Sao, Siliva Havili.

keentofish
Kayak Model: Reload, 2+1

Sun Oct 30, 2016 7:29 pm

Haha yeah mate! Prizes are a bonus, getting out there fishing is the main thing! Looking forward to it! Bit of a last minute plan for me but hey, wife said we're gonna be busy from next week till Christmas! I took that as "yes, you should go!"

Kayak Adventures
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: To many models to name
VHF Call Sign: ZMS6165

Sun Oct 30, 2016 8:34 pm

Due to the popularity of our event and large amount of entrants we need to put a cut-off date in place to avoid all the last minute entries. Time is needed to collate all the information together and plan for the catering etc. The specification to be a club member and cut-off date was made clear but apologies if anyone missed it. The event was initially set up by Rob 9 years ago when kayak fishing was not a popular sport in NZ and he wanted to get like-minded people together for a social event and friendly fishing comp. This is still the case and due to Rob's very generous sponsors he is able to offer prizes as a bonus for those participating. Even though entrants are up to 150 we have been able to keep it a Free event but a few rules need to be put in place to keep it running smoothly. For those who are club members and have registered by today you should have an email sent out this weekend with all the details for the event. For those who have missed the cut-off you are still more than welcome to attend the social event (unable to enter the fishing comp) and all we ask is you contribute something for the BBQ dinner - a real highlight of the Get-Together!
Look forward to seeing you all next Saturday.
Cheers
Janet
All the best from the team

Find us on Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/pages/Coromande ... 33?sk=wall

Stockists of the worlds best brands! Fishing Kayaks, Accessories, Watersport Clothing, Spearfishing Gear and Fishing Tackle

maccayakka

Mon Nov 07, 2016 11:30 am

Well Janet and Rob,

What an absouletly great experience this was. My family had an awesome time, and for three of them it was there first time kayak fishing and now they are hooked (pardon the pun). The unfortunate thing now is that i will be needing 2 more kayaks........is there a trailer that can carry 5 kayaks + gear :?: :?: :?: ?????

it was nice to be able to put a face to so many names from the forum :y: , and it was fantastic to see who many people are out there enjoying the sport that we all love and enjoy.

Thanks for the experience and (plug time) hope to see many of you again at the EBOP Kayak Fishing Club Annual tournament on 11 February 2017.. :)

Cheers
Dylan
Profish 400

Kerry
Kayak Make: Old town
Kayak Model: Predator PDL

Mon Nov 07, 2016 8:13 pm

Thanks so much Janet and Rob for an awesome event, this was my first time at this event and the only complaint was that it was over too soon!

Thanks must also go to the wonderful sponsors, there was an amazing amount of quality prizes.

Thanks again to Pete and Mike Bell for their fantastic spit roast and also to all the people that provided the most sublime feed out and cleaned up afterwards,

It was so good to catch up with all the old faces and meet a few new ones, we have a great kayak fishing community here,

Cheers,

Kerry.

• Information