Page 4 of 4

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:20 pm
by Kingfish killer
fritter wrote:Here is a a link for the spyderco sharpmaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6HLN-Q7Ms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Fritter :y: geez that was a hard watch , the guy rambled on a bit but I did persever till the end .
It looked quite good and very similar to the Lansky set . Im undecided on which one to choose at this stage but $$$ will probably decide for me .

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:55 pm
by BOBCAT
Heya KK just watched that Spyderco video - see what you mean about that guy - those words " just get on with it" spring to mind.

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:06 pm
by Kingfish killer
BOBCAT wrote:Heya KK just watched that Spyderco video - see what you mean about that guy - those words " just get on with it" spring to mind.
Yeah mate , at one stage around the 4 minute mark I found myself swearing at him ! :lol:

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:11 pm
by beerbaron
I finished a whole beer and then I realised it WAS AMASING, so glad I used up all my months data on that!!!

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:17 pm
by fritter
Glad you guys enjoyed it.

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:25 pm
by STRAY DOG
Hey KK I've been using the Lansky for awhile use on all knives Hunting, Fishing and House and only got the 3 stone type set
the first time you put to your blades it can take awhile but after that you only just need to redress with the fine stone and thin I hit with my Fine Juel stick
One of the hardest things I find on my blades is from when I killing pigs shaving the remaining hair off after scolding and then redress and back to Sharp in no time :y:

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:44 pm
by sk8e8
Kingfish killer wrote:
fritter wrote:Here is a a link for the spyderco sharpmaker.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3v6HLN-Q7Ms" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thanks Fritter :y: geez that was a hard watch , the guy rambled on a bit but I did persever till the end .
It looked quite good and very similar to the Lansky set . Im undecided on which one to choose at this stage but $$$ will probably decide for me .
Damn that was painful!!

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2014 9:49 pm
by Kingfish killer
STRAY DOG wrote:Hey KK I've been using the Lansky for awhile use on all knives Hunting, Fishing and House and only got the 3 stone type set
the first time you put to your blades it can take awhile but after that you only just need to redress with the fine stone and thin I hit with my Fine Juel stick
One of the hardest things I find on my blades is from when I killing pigs shaving the remaining hair off after scolding and then redress and back to Sharp in no time :y:
Cheers for the feedback Jase :y:

Re: A good filleting knife?

Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 9:15 pm
by Mental
I use the three stone set plus I added the yellow extra fine stone, dunno if it helps that much but it gives a mirror like finish so at least you can see where you've been :)