Lowrance Hook 4 older model

Discuss anything electronic or electrical, lights, sounders, GPS etc..
Stinky inky
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3

Fri Jun 26, 2020 2:36 pm

Hi folks - wondered if anyone has some advice. My FF hook4 the older version keeps turning off after about 15 mins, it's not the battery or the wiring as I have taken it into Smart Marine where I got it from and the same issue when running there. The guy there super helpful btw could not have done more really, said I needed to update the software, which I tried to do but the FF couldn't read the micro sd card (card reader looks to have issues) as it doesn't see the maps card either. seems a waste to chuck it out as it has maps and still works but just for 15 mins. The guy said the maps would only work on the exact same model so a couple of thoughts, anyone had a similar issue and fixed it, or anyone got an older Hook4 unit they don't use anymore and want to sell, as I have the maps card or maybe someone has the unit but not the maps card and wants to buy the card?

https://www.lowrance.com/lowrance/type/ ... hdownscan/

Cheers
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Babylonian proverb
So fish more you will live longer....

Ocean kayak 4.3 GREEN

Cobra FnD

SitDown

Fri Jun 26, 2020 7:12 pm

my 2 older lowrance units would only read smaller sd cards around 2GB, anything bigger capacity, would not install updates

Stinky inky
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3

Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:17 pm

Yeah I used a low capacity sd card but as it’s not reading the maps card either sorta think it has to be the card reader issue.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Babylonian proverb
So fish more you will live longer....

Ocean kayak 4.3 GREEN

Cobra FnD

Return to “Electrical and Electronics”

• Information