Lowrance 7 not starting initially

Discuss anything electronic or electrical, lights, sounders, GPS etc..
Rumblefish

Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:35 pm

Hi All I have used this unit purchased from Marine Deals for about 8 months powered by a lithium battery purchased from the good people at Viking.

All has gone well except for the last 2 trips.Despite being charged up immediately on return to home and then charged again the night before a mission i find that the unit will not power up for an hour or so when on the water then it springs into life.

Unit has been well looked after and has no visible corrosion etc.

Is it possible to overcharge these units?

Any advice appreciated.

Big k
Kayak Make: Vicking /Stealth / OK
Kayak Model: 440. / 4.7 / 495
VHF Call Sign: ZMU 3384

Wed Dec 31, 2014 9:45 pm

Check your wiring from battery to the unit ,I have had a problem ,Up graded my wire to fully tinned it resists electrolysis better, I have found Marine Deals extremely good to work with they are very honourable with warrantees happy New Year .

Viking 440
OK 4.7 ultra arrived
Stealth EVO 495 gone
Stealth Carbon Kevlar 495 arrived
ZMU3384

Legasea supporter

chrisbjenkins
Kayak Make: Kaskazi
Kayak Model: Marlin

Wed Dec 31, 2014 10:52 pm

Check you are running the latest software too. I had no end of issues with my 5 hdi freezing and crashing until it had to get sent back to Navico. They reloaded the latest version of the software and it's sweet now.

arnie
Kayak Make: Viking kayak
Kayak Model: Profish Reload

Wed Dec 31, 2014 11:00 pm

chrisbjenkins wrote:Check you are running the latest software too. I had no end of issues with my 5 hdi freezing and crashing until it had to get sent back to Navico. They reloaded the latest version of the software and it's sweet now.
:y: did that to mine as well
Viking Profish Reload
Viking Profish Reload
viking Profish GT

Lowrance fishing addicts

woodstock
Kayak Make: viking
Kayak Model: profish 400

Thu Jan 01, 2015 6:56 pm

Updated my unit with latest software and unit runs much better go to http://www.lowrance.com/en-NZ/Software-Updates/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for free updates

Rumblefish

Fri Jan 02, 2015 6:24 am

Big k wrote:Check your wiring from battery to the unit ,I have had a problem ,Up graded my wire to fully tinned it resists electrolysis better, I have found Marine Deals extremely good to work with they are very honourable with warrantees happy New Year .
cheers Bk thinking this through ,i wanted to take 2 of the 3 components out of the equation so i hooked up unit to my indoor transformer and it showed a similar fault which i got on video.So seems unit is faulty.
Will update as per the advice from Chris Arnie & Wood
Be sad to lose my unit at this time of the holidaze

• Information