Anyone for a fish around South canterbury

Canterbury region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
nzhuntahr
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Pro Fish 440 evoIV

Sat Dec 08, 2012 7:59 am

Hi all.New here as of yesterday.
I have just purchased a viking profish 440 but as yet the sw swells have prevented me from getting out this weekend as yet.Anyone about who'd be keen to get out on the water drop me a line.
Was planning on taking out my longline which could be interesting with the number of elephant fish about close to shore laying eggs.Kawhai also aswell as the scabbie coutta which prove a lot of fun on light gear.The odd blue cod around the coastal reefs also but in small numbers.

dwmonty
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 13
VHF Call Sign: ZMU3862

Sat Dec 08, 2012 9:04 am

Welcome to the group. Looking at swell map I doubt that SW is going to ease this weekend. Been a while since I got out on the yak but hoping things might calm down a bit after christmas. I tend to fish Motunau or Kaikoura.

Lister
Kayak Make: Tahe & Viking
Kayak Model: Wind 585 & 440 pf
VHF Call Sign: ZMW 4211

Wed Jan 09, 2013 1:00 am

Taylors mistake can be good, King fish around there if weather stays warm for long enough. Haven't heard of any being caught yet though, February might see them turn up in numbers.
Port Levy if you like a long paddle up to the mussle farm, ky and kingies, Oh and I'm told a 3-4 meter GW has been seen around there

I like technology. I especially like to hit it with a big stick!!!!

We don't hate the fat B*tch. We just can't find anything about her to not dislike

ZMW4211. Proud paddler of PF440

nzhuntahr
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Pro Fish 440 evoIV

Wed Jan 09, 2013 6:04 am

Sweet,so it is possible to get some decent fish around here.Sick of all the Grey Boys and dogfish.Been getting a few elephant fish on longline.Hopefully get back out later today or tomorrow if the swell gods are on my side. :y:

• Information