meola

Auckland region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
SitDown
Kayak Make: floating yak

Sat Jan 12, 2019 3:48 pm

got to oliver st (pt chev) this morning to launch out from, hmmmm, no water yet. Didnt fancy slugging it thru the mud, drove around for 40mins looking for a better place to go out from, nope, back to oliver st
Got out about 1030, 15min paddle to a place I fished before. Wanted to go further out, was quite choppy out there with water coming over side on , back to calmer water, pick down baits out, snap 33 in the bin then throw backs
Wind dropped so I went to where the whau river joins to the waitemata (gps marks) 1/2oz sinker to get to the bottom... 4 or 5m water, fish straight away, lots of throw backs. Then a fizz boats comes right over my strike zone, bloody killed it, nothing till high tide. Out going was just feeding fish, then back to where I started before the water disappeared. Kept 3 other fish of 34, 35 & 47.... missed some good runs
Definitely better on the incoming

SitDown
Kayak Make: floating yak

Wed Feb 06, 2019 9:31 am

Went to Meola last night, launched off the beach at garnet rd, walked the yak 80m to the water
Paddled towards the red marker where the whau river splits off from the waitemata, bit choppy so wasted about an hr fart arsing around, was choppy with wind against incoming tide, just throw backs, was in 4m water
Went back to another spot closer in 1.5m water, got there just before 8pm, throw backs up to 33cm
Finally caught some keepers, 2 fish for dinner 35 & 47, again, missed some good runs, back on land 845pm
The odd bite but most were crashing the baits....
Some were fishing it where your paddle would hit the bottom & catching snaps

• Information