View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:15 pm

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 
Foxton 

Post Foxton
Hey guys,

Been in the area around 6 months and just got a yak after I've fished out of one a couple of times a few years back up north.

Been out twice and hit my luck with a few kahawai, a kingy and several gurnard (don't want to mention the barracuda :swear:

Just wondering if there's any other locals around here that fish out at Foxton? I've been going 2-3km out and got a few boatie friends who are starting to tell me their spots :P.

I'll be posting here next time I plan to head out.

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Post Re: Foxton
Hi NickO,would been keen for a fishing trip,have got limited gear at this stage but enough to get started with ,havent had much luck out there yet although its been more himitangi way
cheers
Gavin

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:54 pm

yakhill wrote:
Hi NickO,would been keen for a fishing trip,have got limited gear at this stage but enough to get started with ,havent had much luck out there yet although its been more himitangi way
cheers
Gavin

Hey Gavin

I've been heading out just under 3km from the point/bar as this seems to be a popular spot but had little to no luck. Few mates reckon north of the surf club and a couple km. Let me know when you next plan to come out. I've taken Thurs and Fri off work.

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:08 pm

Will do ,let us know how you get on

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Went out this morning. Planned to hit the water by 6am but didn't leave the mates leaving party till about midnight last night so pushed it back an hour. :beer:

Paddled a couple of km out just north of the surf club and within 30 minutes I had two nice Gurnard on board with my. Another 30 minutes with a couple of nibbles here and there but no real bites. I could feel last nights beverages trying to make their way back up so paddled back in to play it safe. Bit of fun coming back in through the surf though. I stayed upright, kept everything aboard and brought dinner home. I'm happy.

Was rougher than I was expecting out there and the weekend isn't looking too good. There's definately some nice fish to be caught!

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 am

Hi NickO

Been out a couple of times of Foxton, haven't caught anything but keen to go out with others. If yourself or others on the forum are heading
out let us know, love to join you.

Mark

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 am

Nothing but spiny dogs lately :( one or two gurnard.

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Hi looking at getting into the sport have done it a couple times borrowing gear. am in the manawatu area and just wondered where about in foxton is a good place to launch from, or any other areas around this area you can recommend trying?

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Hey,

Anywhere off the coast is good you can often get out through the eastury or the point where it's relatively calm on a good day. Tangimoana mouth is another good spot but I have a friend who goes jet ski fishing there often and always raves about how it's calmer there.

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Heya quite a late reply but do you still take your kayak out foxton. I'm from palmy and get into kayak fishing but don't know anyone else that's keen on the kayaks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Sure am. Looking at selling my Kayak though as I don't have the time anymore to get out very often.

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ] 

View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Thu Apr 27, 2017 7:15 pm