Foxton

Wellington region discussions, for local trips, meetings etc.
NickO
Kayak Make: Viking
Kayak Model: Profish GT

Sun Feb 08, 2015 4:49 pm

Hey guys,

Been in the area around 6 months and just got a yak after I've fished out of one a couple of times a few years back up north.

Been out twice and hit my luck with a few kahawai, a kingy and several gurnard (don't want to mention the barracuda :swear:

Just wondering if there's any other locals around here that fish out at Foxton? I've been going 2-3km out and got a few boatie friends who are starting to tell me their spots :P.

I'll be posting here next time I plan to head out.

yakhill
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: prowler 13

Mon Feb 09, 2015 12:54 pm

Hi NickO,would been keen for a fishing trip,have got limited gear at this stage but enough to get started with ,havent had much luck out there yet although its been more himitangi way
cheers
Gavin

NickO

Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:08 pm

yakhill wrote:Hi NickO,would been keen for a fishing trip,have got limited gear at this stage but enough to get started with ,havent had much luck out there yet although its been more himitangi way
cheers
Gavin
Hey Gavin

I've been heading out just under 3km from the point/bar as this seems to be a popular spot but had little to no luck. Few mates reckon north of the surf club and a couple km. Let me know when you next plan to come out. I've taken Thurs and Fri off work.

yakhill
Kayak Make: ocean kayak
Kayak Model: prowler 13

Mon Feb 09, 2015 6:54 pm

Will do ,let us know how you get on

NickO

Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:46 am

Went out this morning. Planned to hit the water by 6am but didn't leave the mates leaving party till about midnight last night so pushed it back an hour. :beer:

Paddled a couple of km out just north of the surf club and within 30 minutes I had two nice Gurnard on board with my. Another 30 minutes with a couple of nibbles here and there but no real bites. I could feel last nights beverages trying to make their way back up so paddled back in to play it safe. Bit of fun coming back in through the surf though. I stayed upright, kept everything aboard and brought dinner home. I'm happy.

Was rougher than I was expecting out there and the weekend isn't looking too good. There's definately some nice fish to be caught!

Yakkaman
Kayak Model: Profish 400

Fri Mar 06, 2015 9:04 am

Hi NickO

Been out a couple of times of Foxton, haven't caught anything but keen to go out with others. If yourself or others on the forum are heading
out let us know, love to join you.

Mark

NickO

Thu Sep 03, 2015 7:21 pm

Nothing but spiny dogs lately :( one or two gurnard.

Raccoon
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Tetra 12

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:51 pm

Hi looking at getting into the sport have done it a couple times borrowing gear. am in the manawatu area and just wondered where about in foxton is a good place to launch from, or any other areas around this area you can recommend trying?

NickO

Thu Nov 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Hey,

Anywhere off the coast is good you can often get out through the eastury or the point where it's relatively calm on a good day. Tangimoana mouth is another good spot but I have a friend who goes jet ski fishing there often and always raves about how it's calmer there.

Brunton
Kayak Model: Reload

Mon Nov 07, 2016 9:41 pm

Heya quite a late reply but do you still take your kayak out foxton. I'm from palmy and get into kayak fishing but don't know anyone else that's keen on the kayaks

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

NickO

Sun Nov 27, 2016 10:40 am

Sure am. Looking at selling my Kayak though as I don't have the time anymore to get out very often.

• Information