Rod Swap

Adverts for new and used kayaks and equipment.
Fishfood
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Profisha 525
VHF Call Sign: ZMX9388

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:45 pm

I have two 7ft Shimano Katana graphite softbait rods. One 4 -8 kg, the other 5-10kg ( this one is brand new). Would consider swapping for simillar weight spinning rod 6 to 6ft 6. I find these too long to handle on my Stealth and something shorter would work better. I know, I'm naturaly clumsy. Message me if your interested.

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:50 pm

I know I'm opening the gates for innuendo, but does that extra 6" really make that much of a difference?
Whilst I wouldn't really go above 7', it does make leading a fish around the front of the yak easier (except in the case of the Ugli-Stiks which will happily wrap themselves under the hull)
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

Fishfood
Kayak Make: Stealth
Kayak Model: Profisha 525
VHF Call Sign: ZMX9388

Sun Sep 15, 2019 7:54 pm

I know, whats an extra six inches between friends. The reason I bought the Stealth was so I could hide my rods already set up in the main hatch while launching thru the surf. I find the 7ft is right on the max for the central hatch, and I get tangled pulling then out ( told you I was clumsy, its a gift) The shorter rods cause no problem.

Hairy Little Dwarf
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Mon Sep 16, 2019 7:23 pm

Makes sense :y:
Phoenix Hornet - Specialty Assault Craft

Dad! Dad! Look at his fish! It's way bigger than anything you've EVER caught! - Nosey 7-8yo boy on opening my icebox to father strapping down his $XXX Stabicraft 759(?) - Gold. Pure Gold.

• Information