Rod to match Thunnus 6000

Discuss fishing tackle, methods, and kayak fishing accessories here.
Stinky inky
Kayak Make: Ocean Kayak
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3

Hey All posted this on the FB page but Im looking for rod suggestions please, I have a Thunnus 6000 (yet to be spooled but thinking 10-15kg braid )and looking to buy a rod (budget $250 ish) to match. Thinking I am going to mainly be live-baiting or casting the occasional big softy off the yak, so looking for a rod that can handle the odd kingi and that makes handling the fish near the yak no harder than it is already. thoughts appreciated. I got the Thunnus 6000 as I prefer to fish as light as I can but needed something gruntier than my Stradic 2500 for Kingi's, so looking for a rod that is at the lighter end of the range.

cheers fellas and ladies
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Babylonian proverb
So fish more you will live longer....

Ocean kayak 4.3 GREEN

Cobra FnD
kingiFiddler
Kayak Make: Phoenix
Kayak Model: Hornet

Eclipse TDEC300 6' 8-12kg rod. it'll be the best under $40 you ever spent on a livebaiting rod.

:-)
Stinky inky
Kayak Model: Prowler 4.3

kingiFiddler wrote: Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:57 pm Eclipse TDEC300 6' 8-12kg rod. it'll be the best under $40 you ever spent on a livebaiting rod.

:-)
Looks like a bargain too, thin king about a bit of a more all rounder rod to cast with also.
The gods do not deduct from man's allotted span the hours spent in fishing.
Babylonian proverb
So fish more you will live longer....

Ocean kayak 4.3 GREEN

Cobra FnD
Nemesis
Kayak Model: Trident 15

What a light stickbait rod?
That will have the grunt for livebaiting and will also flick a big soft plastic pretty well.
If you stay under PE 4 then the action will be forgiving enough for the yak.
Something rated PE 2.0 - 4.0, like the Okuma Metaloid 7'5, Penn Ocean Assassin 7'4 PE 2-4, Ugly Stik Bluewater 7'0 10-20kg or even the Ugly Stik Black Tiger.
You're aware that while it affords one the momentary illusion of satisfaction, the spewing of bile is never a permanent solution.

Return to “Tackle and Accessories”